Solved

Why have I got no gas after switching to OVO?

• 28 September 2019
  • 4 replies

My problem is this:
I bought a house where the gas was supplied by EDF and the meter was a prepaid one. I received a card from the former owner which I topped up and I switched to OVO in the mean time.
When OVO told me they are supplying my gas now, I stopped to use the card thinking I am on normal usage now.
Today is Saturday and this morning the gas turned off. I cant speak with nobody on the phone cause... iTS Saturday...
I took the card, insert it in the meter outside and I saw it says 0 credit and I had to press for emergency gas (6 pounds).
Now the gas is working but what the hell I need to do next? Top up the card again even if I am supplied by OVO now?!!! (they took 93pounds from my bank account already I dont know why they are taking money in advance).
Why I dont have gas if I've been switched already and I paid already?!!! Please help me. Thank you.
Yours sincerely, Mitch from Coalville (Leicestershire)
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 3 October 2019, 14:37

Hey @pasatm,

This is a funny one, we shouldn't have taken over your supply if you've got a gas prepayment meter - our Pay Monthly tariff wouldn't be compatible.

We'll either need to exchange your meter so you're able to pay for your energy via Direct debit, or transfer you to a compatible tariff with Boost. It may be worth getting in touch with the team about this, they're available on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.

With our Pay Monthly tariff you'll always pay for your energy in advanced, this is to build a credit balance on your account.

Let us know how you get on with this! 🙂
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey @pasatm,

This is a funny one, we shouldn't have taken over your supply if you've got a gas prepayment meter - our Pay Monthly tariff wouldn't be compatible.

We'll either need to exchange your meter so you're able to pay for your energy via Direct debit, or transfer you to a compatible tariff with Boost. It may be worth getting in touch with the team about this, they're available on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.

With our Pay Monthly tariff you'll always pay for your energy in advanced, this is to build a credit balance on your account.

Let us know how you get on with this! 🙂
I had an OVO engineer coming to install the smart meter , he did it only for the electricity he could not exchange the gas meter (is a prepaid meter and he said that I need an electrician to move the earth wire from inside to outside the box so he can cut the pipe :((((().
I appointed an electrician for Wednesday
to do this job.
Now, how can I book an engineer from OVO to come and exchange the meter?
You are still taking my money guys and I still have to top-up the card from EDF in order to have
gas... That's bad for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sounds like we definitely need to get this sorted @pasatm. I'm going to see if @Tim_OVO can help on this one. He may be able to find out what's going on with your meters and your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Now, how can I book an engineer from OVO to come and exchange the meter?

It sounds like that electrician has done what's needed to get this booked up @pasatm

The best and easiest way to sort this is to take some pictures of that wiring and pipe, and email it to hello@ovoenergy.com. The person that picks it up can make sure the engineer would be happy to replace the meter, and then call you to book in an appointment. Easy!

😎