Solved

Why have I been put on a new plan despite switch away already being completed?

• 14 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I switched from Ovo to Bulb.
I got an email from Ovo on the 3rd Feb to let me know my switch is complete. My Bulb account also says I became a member of theirs on 3rd Feb.

However, on the 7th Feb, I got an email from Ovo saying I've been put on a new plan of theirs. It says that they know I'm leaving, but I'm going to be put onto this 'new plan' until the day I switch. However, the switch completed 4 days prior?

I'm concerned that I'm paying for this new plan (which costs a lot more than my old Ovo plan and my new plan), and am also paying for electricity at Bulb too?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 22 February 2019, 11:37

on the 7th Feb, I got an email from Ovo saying I've been put on a new plan of theirs. It says that they know I'm leaving, but I'm going to be put onto this 'new plan' until the day I switch. However, the switch completed 4 days prior?

This will probably be one of two things, @ej1996

1) Either your gas or electricity didn't switch over to Bulb at the same time, so after your fixed contract ended, our variable plan Simpler Energy kicked in.

2) The automated email was sent out to you but the supplies did in fact switch to Bulb, meaning the email can be ignored.

For this to be confirmed, drop us an email at: hello@ovoenergy.com
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
on the 7th Feb, I got an email from Ovo saying I've been put on a new plan of theirs. It says that they know I'm leaving, but I'm going to be put onto this 'new plan' until the day I switch. However, the switch completed 4 days prior?

This will probably be one of two things, @ej1996

1) Either your gas or electricity didn't switch over to Bulb at the same time, so after your fixed contract ended, our variable plan Simpler Energy kicked in.

2) The automated email was sent out to you but the supplies did in fact switch to Bulb, meaning the email can be ignored.

For this to be confirmed, drop us an email at: hello@ovoenergy.com