Solved

Why cant I login into my online My OVO , app or send reset password?

• 21 October 2018
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 5
Take a look at this topic for more help, @AlanB @RobC2. Have you managed to get this sorted?

@ITGeek123 have you ever had an error message like this before?
Why has My Ovo website not been working for three days?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Not sure @RobC2! Can you give us a bit more detail? Any error messages?

I've been a customer for two years but not received any statements or even had a recent meter reading.

I thought I'd register online but when I click first time logon it always takes me to password reset. When I try that I get no email.

I have tried on Chrome and IE.

How am I supposed to logon?

Userlevel 5

It’s strange to hear you haven’t had a statement, @Loosecanons, have you checked your junk folder for the password reset link? If it’s not there - get in touch with the team so they can look into this. The email address you need is hello@ovoenergy.com.

It’s strange to hear you haven’t had a statement,@Loosecanons, have you checked your junk folder for the password reset link? If it’s not there - get in touch with the team so they can look into this. The email address you need is hello@ovoenergy.com.

Hi, still trying to work out how to navigate the forum.

After two calls to Customer Service it turns out, when my account was registered by phone, my email address was spelt incorrectly . I have had NO gas readings in two years and only one electricity reading last April. How I am supposed to work out my annual usage I don’t know.

Surely there should be checks/obligation by the supplier to take a meter reading?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Loosecanons,

We do need to check your meter reading, you’re right. 

We usually send an engineer round once every year for each fuel to gather a reading. However, we do also advise the customer to provide readings, which is the easiest way of keeping your account up to date. We’d advise one every three months will keep your account on track, but ideally once a month before your bill.

If you can’t input these online, you can always drop us an email on hello@ovoenergy.com, or call the team on 0330 303 5063.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

Still surprised nothing was flagged up after two years.

Do you know how I can calculate my usage?

I have a reading from  Dec 2017 but I need to know how to convert the readings  

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Loosecanons

You don’t need to convert your electricity, but the gas will need to be converted from units to kWh. 

Check out this page for info on how to do this.  

Thanks! 

despite  numerous attempts  to log in to OVO account it still remains inaccessible .cant get past initial  log in page  despite changing password using email address ,ID number have emailed OVO but no response  received despite the promise to respond in 48 hours . OVO and myself will shortly be parting ways if they don't sort pronto. Any other   ideas  please on how to get logged in

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’ve moved your post here, @losing the plot, there’s a lot of handy advice in this thread.

We may need to raise this issue to our tech team if none of the above helps, please reach out to the team. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks!