Solved

Which is the correct start date?

• 30 September 2017
  • 7 replies

I recently signed up to ovo , start date was meant to be 25th Oct ...... however ovo put it at 27th Oct
No response when contacting ovo to correct this , why ?
icon

Best answer by stateofit 30 September 2017, 19:32

It takes about 3.5 weeks to switch a supply, so long as it all goes smoothly, and the start date is just "as soon as they can after you sign up".

When you say "start date was meant to be 25th", is that bcos that's when your previous contract ended? cos that kinda doesn't matter...

Also, if they switched you before your old plan ended, then you spent exactly no time on some crazy Variable extortionate rate, so yay 🙂
View original

7 replies

I recently signed up to ovo , start date was meant to be 25th Oct ...... however ovo put it at 17th Oct
No response when contacting ovo to correct this , why ?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
It takes about 3.5 weeks to switch a supply, so long as it all goes smoothly, and the start date is just "as soon as they can after you sign up".

When you say "start date was meant to be 25th", is that bcos that's when your previous contract ended? cos that kinda doesn't matter...

Also, if they switched you before your old plan ended, then you spent exactly no time on some crazy Variable extortionate rate, so yay 🙂
Won’t I need to pay a fee if I leave my old supplier early , that would be my worry

Thank you for replying x
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
No energy company can charge an exit fee in the last 7 weeks of a contract. OfGem allow a 49 day renewal window, so you can shop around / look at renewal offers and get the best deal...

So you're safe x
Thank you , that has put my mind at rest
Ovo start to supply my dual fuel on 9th March. Just had an email from current supplier saying they will stop supply on 6th March!?
Hey @troonlady

I've moved your query over to an existing topic on supply start dates.

It sounds like there may be a typo here somewhere - but I can double check for you. If you could send me your full address in a PM, I'll check your official switch date on the National Database.

Cheers,
Emily