Solved

When would my contract with OVO start?

• 8 September 2019
  • 6 replies

I am thinking of switching to Ovo for the one year fixed rate. Is it possible to know the dates of the contract before filling in my direct debit details?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 10 September 2019, 14:40

Hi @sunivak,

Great to hear you're thinking of switching to OVO!

I'm not sure what you mean about finding out the dates of the contract before completing your sign up.

From the date you sign up to OVO, it will take about 3 to 4 weeks for your gas and electricity to actually switch over to us. We need to let your existing supplier know you're leaving, make some checks within the energy industry, and get your account with us set up.

The date that your switch completes would be the date that your contract starts, and will last for either 12 or 24 months depending on the plan you've selected.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
View original

6 replies

We are moving into an unoccupied student house and we do not know the specific details of the metres or current supplier etc, would we be able to set up a supply for the day our tenancy begins or would we have to find out specific details first? Also how long would it take for our supply to come after we have set up a contract?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @sunivak,

Great to hear you're thinking of switching to OVO!

I'm not sure what you mean about finding out the dates of the contract before completing your sign up.

From the date you sign up to OVO, it will take about 3 to 4 weeks for your gas and electricity to actually switch over to us. We need to let your existing supplier know you're leaving, make some checks within the energy industry, and get your account with us set up.

The date that your switch completes would be the date that your contract starts, and will last for either 12 or 24 months depending on the plan you've selected.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
NB: I've moved your other topic onto this one as it seems to be about the same thing 🙂
@Nancy_OVO that's great thank you! We will only occupy the student house for nine and a half months and so are trying to work out whether the one year fixed rate or the variable rate would work best - if we went for a year contract for gas and electricity, am I correct in saying that we would be charged £60 exit fees for leaving early?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @sunivak,

Exit fees don't apply to moving out, only to switching supplier. So if you're only going to be living at the property for 9 to 10 months, you can still take advantage of one of our cheaper fixed price deals.

Hope this helps!
@Nancy_OVO ahh that’s great, thank you for your help!!