Solved

Switch away from OVO for gas was cancelled as I was told it was already switching - why?

• 22 November 2018
  • 1 reply

We decided to switch from OVO to Green Network Energy last Wednesday 14/11/18 for a better deal after being with OVO for 4 years+
All seemed to be progressing fine until I get email from GNE today to say the application has been rejected because my gas service is currently being moved to another supplier. When phoned and asked them who?? they said OVO, but I'm already with you!! Then I phoned you at customer service and got told GNE hadn't requested the gas switch. Phoned GNE again only to find out the switch is now cancelled.
So how did OVO and GNE manage to make such a mess of something which is supposed to be easy and hassle free ???
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 23 November 2018, 11:35

@Robert Massey I have been in a similar situation when I was moving from British Gas to Ecotricity. The gas was owned by British gas and were not allowing Ecotricity to take it over which delayed my transfer. This of course may be different and I would advise you speak with GNE and start the transfer again.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Robert Massey I have been in a similar situation when I was moving from British Gas to Ecotricity. The gas was owned by British gas and were not allowing Ecotricity to take it over which delayed my transfer. This of course may be different and I would advise you speak with GNE and start the transfer again.