Solved

Stuck in "onboarding" time line - how long after switch before full access to online account?

• 26 February 2018
  • 65 replies

My switch to Ovo was done on 9th Feb, opening readings were provided at the time, and I have already received my final bill from my old supplier. Yet my ovo account online is still stuck in the "oboarding" status saying that my supply will begin on 9th Feb.

When do I get access to the complete account online?
icon

Best answer by Bumblebee 26 February 2018, 16:36

Hello there!

I hope you are well and not too cold where you are!! Brrr!

I think it takes up to 6 weeks for your online account to become active. This is when they're waiting to confirm your opening meter readings.

If it goes over that, try logging in via incognito mode. Do this on Google chrome by pressing Ctrl Shift N Or on a Mac Cmd Shift N.

Failing that, what I would suggest is nipping over to Facebook and messaging OVO on their page or giving customer care a call, on 0330 303 5063, or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) and get thru to someone who can point you in the right direction (Facebook team and customer care are both SUPER fast and friendly!)

I really hope that will help you, please let me know how you get on!

Best wishes - stay warm!

Tristan 🙂
View original

65 replies

Userlevel 5
Sorry to hear this, @ellesappelle_ , it sounds like there's a technical issue affecting your account - this will need to be raised with the team if it hasn't already.

If you still need to change your Direct Debit account information, please call the team on 0330 303 5063 to do this they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. While you're on the phone you can also check if this has been raised to our Tech team.

We can also email the statements to you, so you're able to view them.
My account’s been stuck on “onboarding” for over a month now!

I’m at my whits end! Money has been taken out of my account but I can’t view my statement. I’ve just been sent another link to my 2nd month statement today and still can’t view it! I need evidence of the bill in order to justify charging my housemates money for their shares.

I also can’t submit meter readings. This is a problem as there are less occupiers in the house currently than normal, so we’ll be using less energy.

I also want to change the account where my direct debit is coming out of, but again can’t due to my account still “switching”.

I have phoned customer services 3 times with the promise that this will be sorted ASAP, but nothing seems to have budged.

I am aware that there is a waiting time of up to 6 weeks, but I am not switching energy companies, merely the account holder’s name to myself from a previous tenant. So why is it taking so long?

I am finding this very frustrating and don’t want to be overcharged due to the shortcomings of OVO.

Help!
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @James gardner,

I've moved your post onto this topic where users have been discussing this issue. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
Nancy
Hi app is just saying track your switch
i transferred on the 28th December
Userlevel 5
Badge
The above thread will offer some insight, @Dima, I would recommend reaching out to our team.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

☺
HI, I've switched to ovo 2 months ago and after I log in i can't use the app or the website. It shows welcome to ovo, you are already with us. And I'm unable to use any features.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @lamina , sorry to hear about the difficulty you've been having.

If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the reward, this is that kind of scenario.

You can find more information about the Self Service reward here.

Please email the team 😊
Hi Eva,
Still cannot access my account - I've tried using my OVO ID - still no good.
I left all social media some time ago, so Twitter and Facebook are of no use.

Do I lose my on-line discount if I send an email to ovo?

Just checking :-)

Regards
Richard
Userlevel 5
You should be able to access your account by now, @lamina, is it possible you could be logging into an old account? Have you tried using your OVO ID as your username instead of your email address?

Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number so we can look into this. Alternatively you could also email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.
We've been customers for years and I have just received my latest statement.
I thought I'd have a quick look at our usage and when I attempt to logon I get the new customer page - picture attached.
I have removed cookies, reset my password, used three different browsers to no avail.
I have also tried Private Browsing - no effect :-(
Windows 10 latest.
Just installed App on android phone and get the screenshot below.

Help!

Kind Regards
Richard

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello there!

I hope you are well and not too cold where you are!! Brrr!

I think it takes up to 6 weeks for your online account to become active. This is when they're waiting to confirm your opening meter readings.

If it goes over that, try logging in via incognito mode. Do this on Google chrome by pressing Ctrl Shift N Or on a Mac Cmd Shift N.

Failing that, what I would suggest is nipping over to Facebook and messaging OVO on their page or giving customer care a call, on 0330 303 5063, or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) and get thru to someone who can point you in the right direction (Facebook team and customer care are both SUPER fast and friendly!)

I really hope that will help you, please let me know how you get on!

Best wishes - stay warm!

Tristan :)

Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue, @john handford, I've edited your post to protect your details.

Please see the above thread for advice.
i have been unable to access my account which reads PENDING since the end of 2018 this is despite reasurances from OVO that they are going to sort it out. But it has never happened. This is very poor service from a company whose policy is suppose to put customer service a high proiority?? My account no is ** edited by moderator**
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Cookiekrumble and @badurinaf,

I've moved your posts over here. Check out the information in this thread - it should help answer your queries!

Cheers
This is happening to me to. Says I'm waiting for my welcome letter and wont even let me get of that page. I never gave meter readings, did you?!
I emailed them a few days ago. Hopefully one of us gets an answer soon!!

No, I never gave them a meter reading, I can't. All account options are grayed out.
Good luck with your case
The error is gone, but it looks as if I'm now stuck on the on boarding process like others in this thread. I'll give it a week or two to see if it converts in to a full portal access and ring if not, unless OVO forum staff members can raise tickets for us?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Thanks for keeping us posted, @ryan6292 !
This is happening to me to. Says I'm waiting for my welcome letter and wont even let me get of that page. I never gave meter readings, did you?!
I emailed them a few days ago. Hopefully one of us gets an answer soon!!
Hi,

My OVO has been stuck at "We are setting up your account" since October. I've contacted you twice about this issue and both times I was told it was going to be resolved within a couple days. I can't do anything on my account, including checking statements, providing readings, nothing.

Can you fix this please?
@Eva_OVO I rang customer service about this issue earlier today who explained that my account was still set to a single rate meter rather than economy 7. This has been altered and I have been told that the portal will stop displaying the error in 24 - 48 hours so hopefully that fixes it, if not I'll post here again with everybody else who hasn't had this issue resolved.
Userlevel 5
We had a similar topic on this, @ryan6292, so I've moved your query here take a look at the best answer and the comments for more info. 🙂
Hello,

My OVO portal is broken and has been since I joined OVO. I moved over from another provider (Scottish Power) and was told that the error I get when I log in saying that my electricity has been cancelled would sort itself out after a few weeks, but it has now been over two months and I still don't have access to anything - even though on Scottish Power my outward switch from them to OVO has been completed, and I am making monthly payments to OVO as normal. I emailed about this a few weeks ago but never got any response. Please could my account be looked in to so I can access my OVO account error-free via the website?

Please see the image (the direct debit confirmation box changes to todays date every day):

Thanks,
Ryan
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sorry to hear this hasn't been sorted for you @Yariso , I've moved your question here you should find all help within the comments!

It does sound as if there's be a delay in your switch, although you should've still received communications from us. Or there could be an issue with your MyOVO, potentially getting stuck whilst getting you set up.

Have you received your first statement yet? If not, it's likely your account is still going through the validation process, this can be delayed for a number of reasons such as a read dispute, missing info, or potentially an erroneous transfer.

You can also pop us a PM on Facebook https://fb m.me/ovoenergy .

Hope this helps!
Hello, I switched to you on the 26th March and my account still shows as switch in progress. I have emailed you numerous times and this still hasn't been sorted.

Please can you fix this?

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Jamesfgy I've just moved your topic onto this one, as the answers here should be of use to you!

Cheers,
Ed
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
[quote user="Cod's::s::head"]It's not displaying my usage or any other options, it is stuck on your now being supplied by ovo from date X, do I have to wait a few days for it to be fully functional?

This sounds like the same issue as this topic @Cod's head - check out the 'best answer' for more info on the time frames for this 'onboarding timeline' screen, and reach out to us via email if you think it's the same issue: hello@ovoenergy.com