Solved

Stuck in "onboarding" time line - how long after switch before full access to online account?

• 26 February 2018
  • 95 replies

Show first post

95 replies

I haven't been a customer previously so the e-mail won't have been used before.

I also haven't done a switch so that's a little confusing too.

I've been getting updates via FB messenger but if I am honest not really making any progress and don't feel anyone owning the issue.

What's the best number to call so that I can give a meter reading for the last six weeks and switch to a new supplier.

Thanks

Martin
I am unclear whether this forum is run by Ovo and whether it is to deal with specific account/customer issues. I can't find any email address or link on my account dashboard to let me contact Ovo....I have a problem with my dashboard as all links are just showing the onboaring/welcom flow message even though i have been on Ovo supply since mid December
I have the same problem since August 2018 and I have been in touch with the customer service since 2 months ago and they don't give any solution. I don't have access neither app nor website. The worst issue is that I'm feeling that they don't care about this issue.
It's not displaying my usage or any other options, it is stuck on your now being supplied by ovo from date X, do I have to wait a few days for it to be fully functional?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
[quote user="Cod's::s::head"]It's not displaying my usage or any other options, it is stuck on your now being supplied by ovo from date X, do I have to wait a few days for it to be fully functional?

This sounds like the same issue as this topic @Cod's head - check out the 'best answer' for more info on the time frames for this 'onboarding timeline' screen, and reach out to us via email if you think it's the same issue: hello@ovoenergy.com

I came across to OVO on 26 November but my opening screen is still stuck on my switch progress - ‘we will start supplying your energy on 26 November.’  I can’t view anything else.

Can anyone help?

If it's anything like my problem, they will be sorting out your bill from your previous supplier, this takes at least 6 weeks it seems, I'm still waiting for my bill, and I'm with ovo but they had to change my smart meter. Just out of interest why did you choose ovo? I've been with them for years, but the smart meter has been a pain in the butt:) broke last May, and although it's fixed the billing isn't, once all sorted I'm off to Octopus, other ovo customers have recommended them on forums. Hope that helps :) 

Thanks  Vicki

Hi thanks for that - I’m in the middle of a rate dispute with BULB - so that could be what’s holding things up.

I was with OVO 2 years ago - wish I’d never left them. I went to them originally because I saw their head man being questioned along with all the other heads of energy companies (by some government committee) and was so impressed with his honesty  - he didn’t ‘fluff’ about, took all the questions head on and gave honest answers - a rare thing these days.  besides, I like their ‘Green’ policy.

My smart meter worked fine - Bulb don;t use them so reading the meter became a real issue, so I’m looking forward to having another one.

Vicki

I switched to OVO a couple months ago and when I tried to send my meter readings digitally I found that on the website I was met with the 'pre-registering' page: https://paym.ovoenergy.com/pre-registering
On this page it says my switch is happening on 17th October (2018). This is disconcerting as it is now January 2019. I would like to be able to submit my meter readings. the last couple of times I tried the day they asked for but was unable to due to this issue. It is similar on the app, however it just says it is unable to find my info.
I appreciate that calling up and doing it manually or emailing would be solutions to this, but the website/app issue does still have me worried and I would like to both have the convenience of the site/app and also keep the self service reward if I can help it.
So my question is, what can I do to sort this out?

Good morning

Oh another email asking me to submit my meter readings online, guess what after 9 WEEKS still struck on “onboarding” so I am unable to.

Would someone at OVO please ask the 14 year old who is running the OVO website to come off COD switch the xbox off and update my account.

Seriously this is ridicules its a 12 month contract surely after over 2 months its not too much to ask to have access to the website and my account as advertised and promised.

very frustrated 

PS.I shall be back when the next email arrives as I’m sure it will before I get access to my account.

We've been in touch recently to ask for a meter reading, as we’re currently estimating your energy use.

ovoheaderjul17_01.jpg ovoheaderjul17_02.jpg ovoheaderjul17_03.jpg
Account number  

My OVO ID  
MY OVO
mmr-heroanim-dec18-1.gif mmr-heroanim-dec18-2.gif mmr-heroanim-dec18-3.gif

Remember to give a meter reading 

Hello Shirley,

You've not given us a meter reading recently and we’re currently estimating your energy use.

Please give a meter reading in My OVO as soon as you can, to make sure you’re paying the right amount for your energy.

Fed up with giving meter readings?

Book a free smart meter installation in My OVO and you’ll never need to give meter readings again. You'll also get more accurate statements and handy energy-saving tools - like the ability to see how much energy your appliances use.

Can we help you read your meter?

If you need extra support with meter readings, our Priority Services Register is here to help. Visit OVO Help for more information on the support available, eligibility and how to sign up.

Thanks,
The OVO Team

Please give me access to my account and I will be more than happy to

We've been customers for years and I have just received my latest statement.
I thought I'd have a quick look at our usage and when I attempt to logon I get the new customer page - picture attached.
I have removed cookies, reset my password, used three different browsers to no avail.
I have also tried Private Browsing - no effect :-(
Windows 10 latest.
Just installed App on android phone and get the screenshot below.

Help!

Kind Regards
Richard

HI, I've switched to ovo 2 months ago and after I log in i can't use the app or the website. It shows welcome to ovo, you are already with us. And I'm unable to use any features.
Userlevel 5
You should be able to access your account by now, @lamina, is it possible you could be logging into an old account? Have you tried using your OVO ID as your username instead of your email address?

Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number so we can look into this. Alternatively you could also email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.
Userlevel 6
Badge
The above thread will offer some insight, @Dima, I would recommend reaching out to our team.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

☺

Account Update

After 16 very frustrating weeks I finally has access to my account and next week I actually get to post my meter readings on my account for the first time.

how exciting is that !

Signing off

regards

Shirley

I came across to OVO on 26 November but my opening screen is still stuck on my switch progress - ‘we will start supplying your energy on 26 November.’  I can’t view anything else.

Can anyone help?

Thanks  Vicki

Userlevel 5

A read dispute will delay your online account set up, @Vicki Timms, as soon as this is resolved and you’ve received your first statement you’ll be able to login.

@Deadbydaylight I removed the personal information from your post.  Please get in touch with the team so we can see what’s going on with your online account. You can message us on Facebook or Twitter. If you don’t use social media email hello@ovoenergy.com. 

Hi Eva,
Still cannot access my account - I've tried using my OVO ID - still no good.
I left all social media some time ago, so Twitter and Facebook are of no use.

Do I lose my on-line discount if I send an email to ovo?

Just checking :-)

Regards
Richard

My account started in November 2019. When I sign into my account all the options are greyed out. I cannot see my bill or give accurate meter readings. I have tried contacting customer support but that hasn't helped. 

What can I do? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Jon Nicholls - I’ve moved your post over here. Is this the issue you’re referring to? Please comment any more questions below!

Yes this is the problem I am having. What can I do to solve it? 

Hi, When I recieve email notification my that my statement is ready to be viewed , all I get is a page telling me my account is pending, but it's all right because your’e already supplying energy to my address.

It's been suggested I need to up my DD. Happy to do so, but "myOVO" only tells me that Ovo are supplying my energy. There is no link to "change Direct Debit" or anything similar.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Failing that, what I would suggest is nipping over to Facebook and messaging OVO on their page or giving customer care a call, on 0330 303 5063, or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) and get thru to someone who can point you in the right direction (Facebook team and customer care are both SUPER fast and friendly!)

Tristan 🙂

Hi @102630819 and @Deadbydaylight,

As @Bumblebee mentioned above, if there’s been no progress on this, please reach out to the team so they can look into your account.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge
@Jamesfgy I've just moved your topic onto this one, as the answers here should be of use to you!

Cheers,
Ed