Solved

"Sending your reading is taking longer than it should" - how can I submit my readings?

• 26 May 2019
  • 7 replies

I'm trying to give my opening meter reading but get the error:
"Sending your reading is taking longer than it should. Please try again later."
Please advise on how I can submit my reading.

Thanks
John
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 31 May 2019, 15:11

@3John @ABG

Hey guys,

Sounds like there may have been a tech issue affecting the website. Have you been able to submit your readings now? If not, give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook (m.me/ovoenergy) with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers,
Nancy
View original

7 replies

I just switch to OVO energy. Today is my first time to submit readings. However, the website always shows "Sending your reading is taking longer than it should. Please try again later." I do not know how to submit my readings online now.
I have same problem
Userlevel 5
Badge
@3John @ABG

Hey guys,

Sounds like there may have been a tech issue affecting the website. Have you been able to submit your readings now? If not, give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook (m.me/ovoenergy) with your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers,
Nancy
The Tech Issue is still there - I've just tried.

It's been this way since at least May 26th, I even clicked on the feedback button and let them know but nothing has changed!

I submitted my readings via the hello@ovoenergy.com and eventually received a email back saying that it was to late and my initial reading would be estimated, even though when I open MyOvo is says I have until June 3rd to submit.

I've also just received an email from 'Technical Support Resolution' saying that my technical issues have been resolved - As mentioned, I just re-tried and the issue is still there.

The whole switchover experience has been very disappointing.

John
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @3John,

Sorry to hear you feel this way. Has anything changed since the 31st? Have you logged out, cleared your cache, cookies and browsing data and logged back in? If you've done this and the issue is still persisting, we may need to re-raise this to the team. Please get in touch through one of the channels I mentioned above.

Thanks
Well, didn't think this could get anymore farcical but Ovo have managed it!
I now seem to be locked out of MyOvo so cannot access anything.
Can't log in with my account number, can't log in with my email.
If I send a Reset Password request, I get no reply.
Awesome!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi John,

At this stage I think it would be best to give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB so we can take a closer look into this.

Thanks