• 6 replies

Sad to be leaving ovo, but EOn have offered e same deal with £25 less a month
so goodbye ovo from May 7th
thanks for the time great provider

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Philpalombella

Sorry to hear this 😢 I am not an OVO employee just a customer like yourself. Were you on the green tariff with OVO? Also, did you look into EDF before leaving OVO? Yes, they are a cheaper but are they looking to invest money for renewables energy? Do they support fracking? OVO are doing some amazing work when it comes to renewable energy such as;

OVO smart meter offering V2G
https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/vehicle-to-grid-charger

OVO battery storage
https://www.ovoenergy.com/future-of-energy-event
Userlevel 6
Thanks for letting us know @Philpalombella - we're sad to see you go!

Our prices aren't always rock bottom, and we'll always be honest about that. We do believe our tariffs are fair, sustainable and reflective of wholesale costs. I hope you bear us in mind if you switch again in future!

If OVO KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE THIS CLIMATE CHANGE NONSENSE DOWN MY THROAT I WILL BE THE NEXT CUSTOMER OVO LOSE! I am sick to the teeth of this Globalist Scam that is trying to Con people into buying into this garbage! Ask Piers Corbyn if you want some Educated opinion on the subject of climate. It has nothing to do with humans per see but a lot to do with the destruction of the environment and the Amazon rainforest and of course The Mega Corporations who want to put a carbon tax on everybody’s heads.If you just take a look at the stock exchange you can buy carbon credits now! For goodness sakes wake up! A volcano recently erupted in the Pacific and put out enough carbon dioxide for the whole of humanity for One Whole Year. We need more NOT LESS C02 ! Are you going to ban Volcanos you silly billy chumsps? The amount of C02 in the atmospheres measures roughly 3.8 times 10 to the power minus 4. That’s about 0.0038 per cent. ITS NOWT!

Userlevel 5

….. if you want some Educated opinion on the subject of climate…... For goodness sakes wake up! A volcano recently erupted in the Pacific and put out enough carbon dioxide for the whole of humanity for One Whole Year. …..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If OVO KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE THIS CLIMATE CHANGE NONSENSE DOWN MY THROAT I WILL BE THE NEXT CUSTOMER OVO LOSE! I am sick to the teeth of this Globalist Scam that is trying to Con people into buying into this garbage! Ask Piers Corbyn if you want some Educated opinion on the subject of climate. It has nothing to do with humans per see but a lot to do with the destruction of the environment and the Amazon rainforest and of course The Mega Corporations who want to put a carbon tax on everybody’s heads.If you just take a look at the stock exchange you can buy carbon credits now! For goodness sakes wake up! A volcano recently erupted in the Pacific and put out enough carbon dioxide for the whole of humanity for One Whole Year. We need more NOT LESS C02 ! Are you going to ban Volcanos you silly billy chumsps? The amount of C02 in the atmospheres measures roughly 3.8 times 10 to the power minus 4. That’s about 0.0038 per cent. ITS NOWT!

Fortunately, this is the way the world is going. Did you know Norway’s energy is 98% produced by renewable sources. They are also the lead in most EV owners. The UK could learn a lot by looking at Norway and other countries, and we are! Energy suppliers such as OVO, Ecotricity (Do not support fracking and more). 

https://www.euronews.com/living/2019/06/21/which-countries-are-doing-best-on-renewable-energy

The way I think about it is, if you support Green energy suppliers, you are helping to fund the companies to invest into better products which will eventually help the planet. The government do not want to sell petrol/diesel cars after 2030. This could also include Hybrids as they still require Fossil fuel to charge the battery, so although the car sometimes isn’t spitting out harmful toxins in the air when in town driving as much as your conventional ICE car. It’s still not ideal. Especially in built up town areas. 100% electric vehicle is the future, 100% renewable clean energy is also the future to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels and reduce air pollution.

Another great way to help climate change is changing diet and going Vegan as this can help reduce carbon footprint by up to 73%

“Researchers at the University of Oxford found that cutting meat and dairy products from your diet could reduce an individual's carbon footprint from food by up to 73 per cent.

Not only would this result in a significant drop in greenhouse gas emissions, it would also free up wild land lost to agriculture, one of the primary causes for mass wildlife extinction.”

Sorry for slapping loads of text but it is how the world is going. :relaxed:

Userlevel 5

I’m still hoping that OVO will move up the green generation tables.  It isn’t doing very well at the moment with its purchase of lots of gas generated electricity. BG are doing better  and they have coal in their mix!  

http://electricityinfo.org/fuel-mix-of-uk-domestic-electricity-suppliers/