Solved

Moved into new property and in process of switching to OVO - can you contact current supplier about move in?

I have moved into my property in February and the current supplier is with Iresa Limited. I've got opening metre readings from this time but I've been unable to get hold of Iresa to provide them with the same.

I'm in the process of switching to Ovo which should hopefully be complete this month. Is it possible for Ovo to contact Iresa to calculate what we owe for that period and it be added to our current billing plan with oVo instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Transparent 11 April 2018, 19:19

Hi @Klee87,

You should email Iresa with those readings for the day you moved in. Their website suggests home@iresa.co.uk for non-Sales-related communications.

This gives you a time/date stamped copy of what you told them in case any dispute arises. Tell them when you've previously tried to contact them. Provide your full name & address and the account number if you know it.

If you now want to move to OVO, then you do not need to agree this with Iresa first. It is the responsibility of the Receiving Supplier to handle all aspects of the switching process.

Simply ask OVO for a quote using this Online Form, giving estimated annual usage from any previous Iresa Bill. It should be printed in a section called Tariff Comparison or similar.

If you accept OVO's quote, respond directly to them. You will be given a date about 3-weeks hence on which the Switch will occur. Within a few days of that date, send your meter readings to OVO. Note... you do not need to tell Iresa.

OVO will register these meter readings with ECOES, the National Meter Database, and it is they who formally notify Iresa. Iresa have a narrow timeframe in which to raise any legitimate objection. Objections can only be raised within Ofcom guidelines, so they can't just try to hang onto your account!

If you need any further clarification or things go awry, post here again and we'll try and help.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Welcome to OVO @Klee87!

You’ll need to give us an opening meter reading. The window to do this spans from five days before to five days after your supply start date – but don’t worry, we’ll send a letter or email reminder.

If you don’t give your opening meter readings when we ask for them, we’ll use estimated ones. With estimated readings you’ll either pay too much, or (even worse) you’ll pay too little – which means you’ll end up owing us money.

It’s easy to give opening meter readings.It takes only a few seconds via your My OVO account or you can give the team a call (contact details can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/help).

Your opening readings will then be validated and sent to both OVO and Iresa to ensure that there is no overlap in your billing.

Hope this helps!
Lucy
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Klee87,

You should email Iresa with those readings for the day you moved in. Their website suggests home@iresa.co.uk for non-Sales-related communications.

This gives you a time/date stamped copy of what you told them in case any dispute arises. Tell them when you've previously tried to contact them. Provide your full name & address and the account number if you know it.

If you now want to move to OVO, then you do not need to agree this with Iresa first. It is the responsibility of the Receiving Supplier to handle all aspects of the switching process.

Simply ask OVO for a quote using this Online Form, giving estimated annual usage from any previous Iresa Bill. It should be printed in a section called Tariff Comparison or similar.

If you accept OVO's quote, respond directly to them. You will be given a date about 3-weeks hence on which the Switch will occur. Within a few days of that date, send your meter readings to OVO. Note... you do not need to tell Iresa.

OVO will register these meter readings with ECOES, the National Meter Database, and it is they who formally notify Iresa. Iresa have a narrow timeframe in which to raise any legitimate objection. Objections can only be raised within Ofcom guidelines, so they can't just try to hang onto your account!

If you need any further clarification or things go awry, post here again and we'll try and help.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings