Solved

Just switched to OVO, so why has my old supplier taken a Direct Debit payment?

• 29 October 2017
  • 2 replies

I've just switched to Ovo and my old supplier has still taken their direct debit too!!
All the emails have said diy back and do nothing, I'm guessing I should have cancelled my direct debit though???
Anyone else had this issue?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 15 February 2019, 14:39

my old energy supplier took direct debit payments on the 7th feb despite you advising they would cease from the 28th Jan, please advise

It's difficult for anyone at OVO to advise on this @RichDrs - if the situation was reversed, OVO would continue to take Direct Debits until the final bills are sent, which can be up to 6 weeks from the switching date. This might be the same for your old supplier - check directly with them and remember you're able to cancel the arrangement at the bank.
View original

2 replies

my old energy supplier took direct debit payments on the 7th feb despite you advising they would cease from the 28th Jan, please advise
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It's difficult for anyone at OVO to advise on this @RichDrs - if the situation was reversed, OVO would continue to take Direct Debits until the final bills are sent, which can be up to 6 weeks from the switching date. This might be the same for your old supplier - check directly with them and remember you're able to cancel the arrangement at the bank.