Solved

Iresa have raised an objection to my changing to OVO - can anyone help?

• 13 February 2018
  • 19 replies

Could anyone please help me sort this problem out
Date Description Reference Type Amount Balance
31 JAN 2018 NORMAL Charges (31-Dec-2017 - 31-Jan-2018) 5275501 3 DB -£11.41 -£11.41
30 JAN 2018 Other CRM1881218 CR £37.36 £0.01
31 DEC 2017 NORMAL Charges (30-Nov-2017 - 31-Dec-2017) 4620176 3 DB -£12.05 -£37.36
30 NOV 2017 NORMAL Charges (18-Sep-2017 - 30-Nov-2017) 3798225 3 DB -£25.30 -£25.30
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 16 February 2018, 13:49

@hcjling @jonsmithuk bit of advice re 'objections' - we will reapply twice for any customer who has started a switch to us, after the current supplier raises an 'objection'. So you will have time to contact them directly, fix the issue or clarify that their objection isn't valid, and we will reapply. By then, they should remove the objection and the switch can go ahead. All that will happen is you will have a slightly delayed supply start date.

So in short, contact Iresa directly to remove the objection.

More info on objections here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/what-is-an-objection.html.

Hope this helps,
TIm
View original

19 replies

Hello OVO,
Seeing this post is like seeing my future. I am also switching from Iresa to OVO . Iresa completely screwed up my account . I have been requesting a bill for 2 months . They told me they were going to increase my DD , when my account showed £200 in credit . I told them not to , and checked their Facebook page . Comments really scary , others complaining of DD increases when in credit and worse , not getting money back. I cancelled my DD and told them I will pay when I get a bill , if I owe them money . According to FB comments if you phone you are on hold for an hour. I expect they will make problems with the switch , but I simply cannot contact them . I am hoping OVO will have better ways to talk to them then their customers.
If OVO see this and there are problems , please contact me straight away .
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi there - what an awful situation to be in, Iresa are SUPPOSED to be cheap but in review after review they are renowned for being amongst the worst of all energy suppliers.

Ovo have consistently won awards and have the highest approval rating in the country, your making a good choice!

Little tip if I may, when choosing a company of any sort or type, try Revoo site or Trustpilot, literally hundreds and hundreds of reviews, I dare you to type in Iresa!

Once again sorry to hear your situation, I realy hope you get it sorted soon.

All the best,

Tris 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Just to follow up, I've just been on Trustpiolt reviews, Iresa have a 78% BAD rating. That could well be the worst in the UK. 😢
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@hcjling @jonsmithuk bit of advice re 'objections' - we will reapply twice for any customer who has started a switch to us, after the current supplier raises an 'objection'. So you will have time to contact them directly, fix the issue or clarify that their objection isn't valid, and we will reapply. By then, they should remove the objection and the switch can go ahead. All that will happen is you will have a slightly delayed supply start date.

So in short, contact Iresa directly to remove the objection.

More info on objections here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/what-is-an-objection.html.

Hope this helps,
TIm
Tim , as you probably know , getting anything from Iresa other than a no-reply automated response is impossible. I have asked them for a bill repeatedly for over six weeks. I have "spoken" to their reps on messenger , i have sent an email directly to their CEO , I have asked them for bank and reference numbers to pay them when i get my bill . I am in Greece right now , returning to the UK on Wednesday when I will attempt to phone . Sometimes there are over 100 in the queue when calling. Perhaps , with clout of your company , you can ask them to send a bill . You have my name address and phone number . I was a customer of yours in the past . My post code is (hidden by Moderator) which should be enough to find me in your system.
Jonathan Smith
I'm in the process of moving from Iresa (I know, god help me!) and after some teething troubles it looked like it was all going through and OVO asked me to submit meter readings. When I logged on to the site today though I could only submit electricity and not gas. Is this indicative of something going wrong?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Tim , as you probably know , getting anything from Iresa other than a no-reply automated response is impossible. I have asked them for a bill repeatedly for over six weeks. I have "spoken" to their reps on messenger , i have sent an email directly to their CEO , I have asked them for bank and reference numbers to pay them when i get my bill . I am in Greece right now , returning to the UK on Wednesday when I will attempt to phone . Sometimes there are over 100 in the queue when calling. Perhaps , with clout of your company , you can ask them to send a bill . You have my name address and phone number . I was a customer of yours in the past . My post code is (hidden by Moderator) which should be enough to find me in your system.
Jonathan Smith

For Data Protection purposes, we won’t be able to request this from Iresa. Even if we tried, they wouldn’t do it.

Good luck with pursuing this!

Lucy
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @hcjling,
Sorry to hear of your plight.
I've had similar problems with two previous energy suppliers, so I've gleaned a bit of useful experience.

The Energy Ombudsman will take on your case so long as you have evidence that you've followed the advertised Complaints Procedure of that Supplier. Most have two stages:
  • Contact Customer Services and identify it's a complaint you're making
  • If the response is adequate/unsatisfactory, contact Complaints Dept

Sometimes a Supplier's Procedure includes a third step
  • Contact Complaints Manager/Director

Provided you can demonstrate that you've done those 2 or 3 steps, then the Ombudsman can intervene. I always use email for complaints, so I retain a copy of what I said with a time/date stamp on it.
If they insist of telephoning me with their answer, then I write back to them by email with what I think we've just agreed.

Once you've done that, the Ombudsman has considerable clout. In a lengthy dispute I had with Extra Energy, I was awarded the difference in price from what they were charging me compared with what I could've enjoyed by switching.

Since they had actually failed to properly take over one of my two fuels in the first place, they had to pay me almost a year's worth of bills plus an amount equivalent to me not being able to enjoy a dual-fuel discount. There's also a discretionary amount that can be awarded by the ombudsman, which is usually around £75.

So don't waste time on other courses of action. Get the evidence that you've followed their Complaints Procedure, and then copy those emails to the Ombudsman.

Finally, just remember that there are a number of reasons why an Objection to Transfer can be raised apart from a disputed outstanding bill. Incorrect Address or Incorrect Meter Number are two possibilities. But it's up to your Supplier to have clearly informed you of the reason. If not, then the Ombudsman will sort it for you.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I’ve moved your comment to on here @veato as it’s possible Iresa objected to your switch.

I’d suggest contacting them to query this further as they’ll be able to provide more concrete information on your switch.

Lucy
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @veato,
@Lucy_OVO is correct. This is what happened to me with Extra Energy. One fuel-type transferred ok and the other one didn't.

In my case the original problem turned out to be a Meter Number that didn't match my address... but Extra Energy continued to take my DD, as did my other supplier. Hence I was paying twice for one of my fuels.

In your case, OVO have (correctly) stopped the Transfer Process whilst this is resolved.
You now need to write to Iresa as I've explained above.

I also recommend that you email your Meter Reading in to OVO today. If it turns out to be Iresa's fault then both parties can still agree to use today's figures and Iresa will need to compensate you for not being able to move to OVO on the agreed date.

Keep us updated here on the Forum. There's help and advice available.
There were teething problems with Iresa as they put my account into debit with an errornous estimated reading but that was resolved some time back. I have since had a message from them to say it's no longer on hold ans they estimate the switch to be complete on 22nd Feb. It was actually after this that OVO requested my readings but only let me input the electric one. I did contact OVO via email and they said they've added the gas reading themselves.

Good news though! If I log on to my account today I get full access to my account and can see the progress of the switch. Looks like everything is going through now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Glad to hear that @veato,
It will still take another fortnight after 22nd Feb for Iresa to send you a Final Bill, which will be based on the readings which OVO send to the National Register.

There's no point in Iresa acting sooner than that because you still have a 14-day cooling-off period once your OVO account goes "live" under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
If you were paying by Direct Debit, you'll need to leave this open to Iresa so that they can credit/debit your bank account with the total on that Final Bill.

Welcome to OVO!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @veato,

Well another month has gone by.
Would you like to tell us how you resolved matters with Iresa?

Are you aware that Ofgem has just sanctioned them for non-compliance?
Have a look at this BBC News story yesterday.
I am still waiting on my final bill (6 weeks since they added the final readings to my account) so whilst fully live with OVO I still have an open account with Iresa. I've had to cancel the direct debit with them otherwise I'd be paying 2 lots of energy bills which might complicate getting my refund (when they finally DO generate a final bill) but what choice do I have!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @veato,

Well, I'm not surprised. After all, Iresa are under Ofgem sanctions - a stage beyond investigation.

You need to follow Iresa's published Complaints Procedure. This page suggests that there is only one stage, after which you can take the matter straight to the Office of the Energy Ombudsman. However, I can't be certain because you will notice that the first "box" ends with a half-completed sentence!

In order to proceed to the Ombudsman, you would have to demonstrate that you have already followed the Iresa Procedure, so I always recommend that you use email so you have time/date stamps on the correspondence.

Their email address is complaints@iresa.co.uk, and note that you must include your Customer ID and the address of the property.

According to the website you should receive a response within 5 days.
Ive switched to OVO but my current supplier stopped it due to outstanding payment. This has now been paid so can you please tell me how to get this back on track, thanks?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Ive switched to OVO but my current supplier stopped it due to outstanding payment. This has now been paid so can you please tell me how to get this back on track, thanks?

Hey @Gordon,

I've moved your topic over here where you'll be able to find the information you need! Check out Tim's best answer at the top.

Nancy
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Gordon,

I don't know the timings behind this abortive switch, so I'm having to guess a bit. Let's assume that OVO have already done both of the attempts to acquire your supplies.

You should now phone or email OVO Customer Support: 0330 303 5063 or hello@ovoenergy.com. Request that they restart the acquisition using the personal information which have already provided.

They will issue a fresh Acquisition Notification to ECOES, the National Meter Database. Your "old" Supplier will be notified again, but this time will allow the process to continue. You will be given a new Switch-date by OVO, probably about 4 weeks ahead.

It is the responsibility of the Receiving Supplier to handle all aspect of the switch. You should not be communicating anything to the Old/Current Supplier.

On or about the agreed Switch date you will be able to send your meter reading(s) to OVO using their website link to My OVO where your account details are held.

Your Old Supplier will send you a Final Bill about 2-3 weeks after that. Make sure you keep your Direct Debit "live" until the last transfer has occurred. If they've just taken a whole month's payment, then you'll be credited the unused days.

If you are unclear about any of this process, please post here again. Us Forum Members can usually advise. 🙂
DD already cancelled. Im at 2nd attempt stage.