Solved

I want to switch to OVO but have PAYG meters - can I change them?

• 15 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Not currently with OVO.
I moved into my new home which had PAYG meters which I dont want (would prefer smart meters)
alot of companies are being absolute pains when trying to switch from them or straight up wont let me.
Can I sign up and have my meters switched at the same time?

Matt
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 15 January 2018, 18:15

Not currently with OVO.
I moved into my new home which had PAYG meters which I dont want (would prefer smart meters)
alot of companies are being absolute pains when trying to switch from them or straight up wont let me.

Matt

Hi @Kenetor,

Just so you know I've added a few tags to this topic so other users looking for the same information can find it.

Unfortunately we can’t change PAYG meters to Pay Monthly meters. OVO Energy now only provides for Pay monthly customers and our PAYG service is now provided by Boost Power. More info about this here: http://bit.ly/2iKt1zi

If you’d like to change to Pay Monthly, another larger supplier may be able to do this for you. You’d need to switch over to them as a Pay as you go customer first and then have the meters changed. I’d recommend checking with other suppliers if they can do this for you before switching.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Nancy
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Not currently with OVO.

Matt

Hi @Kenetor,

Just so you know I've added a few tags to this topic so other users looking for the same information can find it.

Unfortunately we can’t change PAYG meters to Pay Monthly meters. OVO Energy now only provides for Pay monthly customers and our PAYG service is now provided by Boost Power. More info about this here: http://bit.ly/2iKt1zi

If you’d like to change to Pay Monthly, another larger supplier may be able to do this for you. You’d need to switch over to them as a Pay as you go customer first and then have the meters changed. I’d recommend checking with other suppliers if they can do this for you before switching.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Nancy
Im currently a PAYG customer with utilita, i would like to switch to ovo pay monthly, i would prefer to do this online but i can't find where to do this, could anyone help please?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @SammyBanton - I've moved your topic over here where you should be able to find the info you need!