Solved

I've signed up to EV Everywhere, when will receive the RFID card?

• 21 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Having being signed up to Ovo since 12 June, when will receive the RFID card? We are going to go away in our EV shortly and we need access to the Polar/Chargemaster network. Previous answers on this topic do not answer this question. One of those answers just refers you to Chargemaster who are almost uncontactable it seems. My contract is with Ovo, and it was an important part of the contract for us, so Ovo should resolve this problem.
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 24 June 2019, 15:15

Hey @gary.hogben, welcome to the forum!

I've edited your post title, this will make it easier for other users to find this topic.

Please follow the steps below to access the Polar network:

1. Set up a password for your POLAR plus account by heading to their password reset page and entering your OVO Energy account email address.
  2. You’ll be sent an email from POLAR plus with a secure link to set up a password for your POLAR plus account.
  3. Log in to your POLAR plus account and set up your Direct Debit to activate your membership.
Thanks!
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @gary.hogben, welcome to the forum!

I've edited your post title, this will make it easier for other users to find this topic.

Please follow the steps below to access the Polar network:

1. Set up a password for your POLAR plus account by heading to their password reset page and entering your OVO Energy account email address.
  2. You’ll be sent an email from POLAR plus with a secure link to set up a password for your POLAR plus account.
  3. Log in to your POLAR plus account and set up your Direct Debit to activate your membership.
Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Hi Amy, this was done earlier today. At no point were we told we had to sign us separately with Polar so it looks like an email has gone astray somewhere.

Thanks for the response though
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @gary.hogben - have you checked your spam folder?
Userlevel 3
Badge
@gary.hogben Just a quick note to let you know that once you're signed up to Polar, they're very quick to send out the card!

If you end up in the situation where you need a charge in the short intervening period between signing up and getting your card, you can actually ring the Polar helpline when you're at the charging point and they can usually remotely start a charge for you provided you can give them enough info over the phone for them to find you on their system.

(If you know in advance which charger you'll be using it might be worth phoning them ahead of time to verify that the post you're planning to use is one that they can remotely activate... a few CYC chargers can't be remotely started if I remember correctly).
Userlevel 5
Badge
Thanks, @aaronr, just to reiterate what you said there, I have clarification the card will be dispatched within 2 working days, @gary.hogben, it should be with you really soon!

Cheers ☺
Userlevel 1
Card arrived within 48 hours