Solved

I've got 2 gas meters - will OVO take over the second one?

• 12 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Ovo have taken on my one gas meter and my electricity meter.
Told them I have a second gas meter, still no communication from them on taking this second meter over.
Also having three meters, should I expect the same rate on third as on the dual fuel deal?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 20 November 2017, 17:18

Told them I have a second gas meter, still no communication from them on taking this second meter over.
Also having three meters, should I expect the same rate on third as on the dual fuel deal?

Hey @Ovonovo -

In general we can take over more then gas one supply, identified by its own individual Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN). You will have to pay standing charges for both though.

So we can advise on specifics, like @Mw2870 advised, it's probably best that we talk about this via private message, so I'll send you a PM to kick start the conversation.

Lucy
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Are they classed as two separate supplies or two meters on the same supply? (Not either sure if the second is possible...)

What did your previous supplier do?

I’m interested as my garage is separate from my house and separated by other peoples houses. I’ve often wondered about having it hooked up to the electricity supply for lighting, power tools and to charge an electric car. I’ve always assumed it wouldn’t be cost effective as I would need to pay two lots of standing charges as each meter would be treated as a separate supply.
Two sep sups.
Long garden, one from front, 2nd from Cul-de-Sac at rear.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I guess this would be two separate accounts?? Not sure, maybe one of the OVO guys can help?
@Tim_OVO @Darran_OVO @Lucy_OVO
Can't see how to message her.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Don't worry, hopefully one of the team will reply here soon!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @Ovonovo -

In general we can take over more then gas one supply, identified by its own individual Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN). You will have to pay standing charges for both though.

So we can advise on specifics, like @Mw2870 advised, it's probably best that we talk about this via private message, so I'll send you a PM to kick start the conversation.

Lucy
How do I know you are who you say you are please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
All OVO staff on the forum have a little "OVO" symbol on top of their picture (bottom left).
However if you are still concerned, which is understandable in this day and age of internet hacks, you could email instead:
hello@ovoenergy.com