Solved

I'm switching to OVO but can't submit meter readings until after my supply start date - is this a problem?

• 7 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi I am switching to Ovo from British Gas but I am going to be away when the switch will take place. Will this cause a problem as I won't be able to submit meter readings until I return to th UK.
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 11 September 2017, 16:53

Hi I am switching to Ovo from British Gas but I am going to be away when the switch will take place. Will this cause a problem as I won't be able to submit meter readings until I return to th UK.

Hey Jacktommo,

Good question. There is a 10 day window for you to submit your opening meter readings - 5 days before your supply date up until 5 working days after.If you have internet access where you're going, you can also submit them via your My OVO account.

Hope this helps!
Lucy
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey Jacktommo,

Good question. There is a 10 day window for you to submit your opening meter readings - 5 days before your supply date up until 5 working days after.If you have internet access where you're going, you can also submit them via your My OVO account.

Hope this helps!
Lucy
I’m being asked for my meter reading, as I’ve just switched to OVO, however I’m on holiday and am unable to do this . There is a Smart Meter.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Neil baker,

I've moved your topic onto this post about opening meter readings. As mentioned above - you've got a ten day window around your start date to submit them. When do you get back from holiday?

Even though you've got smart meters, we can't be dead certain that we'll connect to them immediately on the day you move over, so we can't promise we'll be able to get your opening reading for you. This is why we'd still ask smart customers to provide one.
Thank you for your comments, however this doesn’t answer my question. I’m not n the country and will not be back for 3 more weeks.