Solved

I'm moving to a new supplier, so why have I received new plan details?

• 5 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I recently switched to a new supplier from Ovo where I was on the Better Energy March Online plan. The switch was completed on the 26th Feb. I have received my final gas statement but am still waiting for my electricity statement. Although I have transferred over to the new supplier and my account there is active, Ovo still thinks I have an electricity account with them and have moved me over to their Simpler Energy plan with a very high standing charge and unit cost.

I am worried that I will be charged twice by my new supplier and Ovo as well. I have cancelled my direct debit with Ovo but now that Ovo think I am still with them, Im worried they will try and take a payment from me in spite of cancelling the direct debit.

Can someone please help me with this?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 12 March 2019, 15:49

Hi @sagar.basutkar

Sounds like we might have sent you a letter/email advising you've moved onto the variable plan after a fixed term plan has come to an end. This isn't a renewal as such, but if you're leaving us rather than renewing, we'd need to bill you for gas and electricity usage up until the switch date. If this is after your previous contract ended, we'd leave your account on the standard variable tariff for the remaining time.

You won't be charged twice, we will only bill you up until the day you switch away. Your gas and electricity final bills may come through to you separately, due to being managed by separate industries. They should take no longer than 6 weeks from your switch date. After this we will refund any credit remaining on your account.

Thanks
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @sagar.basutkar

Sounds like we might have sent you a letter/email advising you've moved onto the variable plan after a fixed term plan has come to an end. This isn't a renewal as such, but if you're leaving us rather than renewing, we'd need to bill you for gas and electricity usage up until the switch date. If this is after your previous contract ended, we'd leave your account on the standard variable tariff for the remaining time.

You won't be charged twice, we will only bill you up until the day you switch away. Your gas and electricity final bills may come through to you separately, due to being managed by separate industries. They should take no longer than 6 weeks from your switch date. After this we will refund any credit remaining on your account.

Thanks