Solved

I'm moving abroad and will be leaving OVO - what do I need to do?

• 16 October 2018
  • 3 replies

I am moving abroad and want to switch off my OVO How do I proceed and how long in advance I have to give the notice?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Mw2870 16 October 2018, 20:48

Thanks for clarifying @rbarreno. The liability for supply will rest with the landlord once your rental contact is finished.

You can inform OVO once the move is within 28 days. All you need to do is log into My OVO to let them know you’re moving. You'll need you to tell them the exact date your contract runs out and give them your final readings on that day. They will then create a final bill for you.

You’ll find more useful info about moving home here.

Updated 28/05/2020

More info here

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @rbarreno,

Welcome to the forum. Are you moving our of your property completely (i.e. selling/end of rental contract) or are you simply leaving the property vacant and wish the electricity and gas supply to be stopped?
I am ending the rental contract. I am not sure if the next tenants will wish to stay with OVO.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for clarifying @rbarreno. The liability for supply will rest with the landlord once your rental contact is finished.

You can inform OVO once the move is within 28 days. All you need to do is log into My OVO to let them know you’re moving. You'll need you to tell them the exact date your contract runs out and give them your final readings on that day. They will then create a final bill for you.

You’ll find more useful info about moving home here.

Updated 28/05/2020

More info here