Solved

I'm an Economy Energy customer and need to speak to someone - how can I get in touch?

• 22 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I am being transferred to OVO as a customer of Economy Energy but because I am on Holiday in Tenerife until March I need an email address to communicate with someone as I don't want to be kept waiting on the phone for over 30 minute for obvious reasons.
I was in the middle of raising complaints with Economy Energy and need to explain some things to OVO
Can someone supply me with a suitable OVO email address
icon

Best answer by Transparent 22 January 2019, 15:52

Hi @Harryo If you want, I'll pop out to Tenerife and explain everything in person! It sounds idyllic 😀

The main email address for OVO's Customer Service Dept is hello@ovoenergy.com

Understandably, they are currently inundated with calls from Economy Energy's ex-customers. If you believe that you are owed money by EE, then say how much right up the front of your email. OVO are collating a list of such customers to send to the Administrator.

Make sure you provide your EE Account number and the Billing-address. Do not post such details here on the open Forum of course!

If you are midway through the EE Complaints Process, then this has effectively terminated. Under the rules, you have the right to refer the matter to the Office of the Energy Ombudsman if the Supplier fails to resolve the issue... which is obviously now technically the case! Technically this position is referred to as a Deadlock.

However, the Ombudsman can't require EE to rectify an issue if the Company is no longer trading. It's also quite likely that these historical obligations aren't transferred to OVO either. This will be stipulated in the fine detail of the take-over agreement, to which Ofgem will have contributed.

If you'd like further advice, please feel free to post here.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Harryo If you want, I'll pop out to Tenerife and explain everything in person! It sounds idyllic 😀

The main email address for OVO's Customer Service Dept is hello@ovoenergy.com

Understandably, they are currently inundated with calls from Economy Energy's ex-customers. If you believe that you are owed money by EE, then say how much right up the front of your email. OVO are collating a list of such customers to send to the Administrator.

Make sure you provide your EE Account number and the Billing-address. Do not post such details here on the open Forum of course!

If you are midway through the EE Complaints Process, then this has effectively terminated. Under the rules, you have the right to refer the matter to the Office of the Energy Ombudsman if the Supplier fails to resolve the issue... which is obviously now technically the case! Technically this position is referred to as a Deadlock.

However, the Ombudsman can't require EE to rectify an issue if the Company is no longer trading. It's also quite likely that these historical obligations aren't transferred to OVO either. This will be stipulated in the fine detail of the take-over agreement, to which Ofgem will have contributed.

If you'd like further advice, please feel free to post here.
Transparent Ninja
Many thanks for your quick response
I will gladly pick you up from the airport but accommodation is all full and the wife will raise some objection
Thank you for the advice it is much appreciated
Regards
Harryo