Solved

I'm a new customer and need to submit meter readings, how can I do this if I'm on holiday?

Userlevel 1
  • Savvy**
  • 2 replies
I am a new customer and have been advised I will need to submit a meter reading in the next ten days when unfortunately i will be on holiday.
Will it suffice to submit the readings on my return and will it be that reading i need to submit to my existing supplier ?
Thank you
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 20 September 2017, 09:43

Hey @bengy Welcome to OVO and a big welcome to our forum family!!

Great advice @Emma_G, just to add, the opening meter readings is an energy industry window, if you miss this one will be estimated. You'll need to wait until you get your first bill to see if it's a good estimate. At this point if you get in touch with us, we should be able to sort this for you if there's a big difference between the estimate and a recent reading.

We hope you have a great time away!

Darran

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi bengy

Has the switchover to OVO been completed yet? I remember when I switched, I provided a final reading to the company, which became my opening reading to OVO. Are you able to submit readings before you go?

Hope this helps

Emma
Userlevel 1
Yes I can submit them before but OVO have requested I send them during a period I am away, I guess because they will not have set up the account before then ?
Thank you for your interest
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @bengy Welcome to OVO and a big welcome to our forum family!!

Great advice @Emma_G, just to add, the opening meter readings is an energy industry window, if you miss this one will be estimated. You'll need to wait until you get your first bill to see if it's a good estimate. At this point if you get in touch with us, we should be able to sort this for you if there's a big difference between the estimate and a recent reading.

We hope you have a great time away!

Darran
Userlevel 1
Thank you.....
I have made arrangements for meter reading to be sent now I understand the system, so thank you again
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
bengy wrote:

Thank you.....
I have made arrangements for meter reading to be sent now I understand the system, so thank you again

Great, thanks for the update! Enjoy your time away and we look forward to seeing you on the forum and getting stuck into conversations!!

Darran
I've just joined OVO and the switch is underway but the switch progress says I need to supply a meter reading by a certain date, but I'll be away on holiday for 2 weeks before that date. Will OVO be okay if I submit it two days late?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @jbarratt - you've got a 10 day window around your supply start date during which you can submit your opening meter readings. For example, if your start date was the 10th, you'd be able to submit between the 5th and the 15th.

If you're not able to do it within this window, we'll have to generate an estimated opening reading by contacting your previous supplier.

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@jbarratt I would recommend providing OVO your meter readings before you go on Holiday and provide them reading again when you get home. @Nancy_OVO Will that make things worse?
Thank you @Nancy_OVO and @ITGeek123, my supply start date is the 20th August, so bang in the middle of my holiday 🙄! I fly out on the 15th so will try to submit readings then if the site/App lets me. If not, I don't have much choice but to submit when I get back on the 28th. Hope this is okay? I'm not cancelling my holiday to take a meter reading 😂
Userlevel 4
Badge
jbarratt wrote:

I'm not cancelling my holiday to take a meter reading 😂

Understandable! You should absolutely be able to input the reads online on the 15th. Submitting readings when you get back is also not a problem, at least we'll have a record of a reading very close to your start date, if the estimates come back out of line. @ITGeek123 - definitely won't make things worse!
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close