Solved

How do I sign up for My Ovo?

• 20 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to register at http://my.ovoenergy.com, but the "First time logging in" link takes me to password reset instead of a sign up form. So how do I sign up?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 23 July 2018, 17:33

Hello @lanzz

Welcome to OVO Forum!

Ok, so are you already an OVO customer? If so, you should have signed up with an email address correct? I think the way OVO setup an account is by using your email address and then randomly generating a password. This will help create the account and in order for the users to sign into their account, they will need to reset the password to whatever they choose.

So you are in the right bit. Click on "First time logging in" type your email address you used to sign up to OVO in the first place and you should receive a reset password email.

Hope this helps.

Matt
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @lanzz

Welcome to OVO Forum!

Ok, so are you already an OVO customer? If so, you should have signed up with an email address correct? I think the way OVO setup an account is by using your email address and then randomly generating a password. This will help create the account and in order for the users to sign into their account, they will need to reset the password to whatever they choose.

So you are in the right bit. Click on "First time logging in" type your email address you used to sign up to OVO in the first place and you should receive a reset password email.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I notice from your Forum Profile that you've been an OVO customer for 2 months already @lanzz. It's possible that the OVO software has discarded your original password if you've waited this long to login to My OVO.

If so, then what @ITGeek123 suggests should work anyway, because you'll be sent a fresh password.

If not, please post here again. As you're a programmer, your feedback should carry some weight!