Solved

How can we transfer our account into new owners name when we move out?

• 1 August 2019
  • 6 replies

We are selling our house and moving abroad in a few weeks. The new owners are interested in taking over our gas and electricity supply with Ovo. As we are moving abroad we cannot take Ovo with us. How do we arrange a transfer? Many thanks for help and advice.
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 1 August 2019, 12:37

If you are no longer the home owners of the home. I believe the new owners would just need to call OVO and start a new account (If they aren't already a customer) and go from there. You would of course need to pay any existing balance on your account before leaving.

Also, jealous to hear you are moving abroad. Definitely making the right choice leaving the UK 😎
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
If you are no longer the home owners of the home. I believe the new owners would just need to call OVO and start a new account (If they aren't already a customer) and go from there. You would of course need to pay any existing balance on your account before leaving.

Also, jealous to hear you are moving abroad. Definitely making the right choice leaving the UK 😎
Thanks for the reply. Our leaving was not planned but a direct consequence of Brexit - as my wife's job has been moved out of the UK purely because of Brexit,
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@plusman

I am sorry to hear that. The poor lack of judgment from our so called government are not making it easy for people. If I had the money I would love to move out of this country.

I wish you all the best in the future
Thanks for your kind thoughts
Userlevel 5
Badge
Best of luck with the move and your future @plusman, @ITGeek123 gave you the perfect answer to your question.

Thanks!
Amy_Ovo Thank you as well.