Solved

Final electricity meter readings to old supplier not sent by OVO yet - why?

• 17 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Hello

I moved from British Gas to Ovo recently. The final gas and electricity meter readings were sent to Ovo at the same time to send on to BG. Gas has gone through ok, but the electricity reading has not yet been received by B`G some three weeks later. Is this normal or do I need to chase `Ovo?

Many thanks
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 27 October 2017, 15:09

Hello

I moved from British Gas to Ovo recently. The final gas and electricity meter readings were sent to Ovo at the same time to send on to BG. Gas has gone through ok, but the electricity reading has not yet been received by B`G some three weeks later. Is this normal or do I need to chase `Ovo?

Many thanks

This is completely normal. The reading validation process takes between 4- 6 weeks and during this time, sometimes one reading is confirmed before the other (which is what has happened in this instance).

Once the 6 weeks mark has passed, please get back in touch if you still haven't received your final bill.

Thanks,
Lucy
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello

Many thanks

This is completely normal. The reading validation process takes between 4- 6 weeks and during this time, sometimes one reading is confirmed before the other (which is what has happened in this instance).

Once the 6 weeks mark has passed, please get back in touch if you still haven't received your final bill.

Thanks,
Lucy

I Left OVO 2/10/19 both meter readings sent and by me 1/10/19 and verified by new supplier. Final gas statement raised 16/10/19 but no Final statement for Electric. It is now six weeks since I left OVO and I have not received any reason why the Final electric statement has not been raised. There is a large credit balance on my account and my only action now is to pass my information on to Ofgem to raise a complaint against OVO.

Update: I now have been informed OVO have raised a read dispute on my Electric Account, Only informed after the six week industry timescale  has expired and they say it can take another 12 weeks to resolve. I keep very accurate records and the reading for closing and opening the new account are the same and confirmed. This appears to be another delaying tactic to hold on to credit balances for unrealistic periods. This has left a bad impression of OVO this should have been rectified within the first 12 week period is there a cash flow problem at OVO?

24 weeks for a energy switch is unacceptable.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m sorry you feel it’s a delaying tactic, @John W, this is not the case.

Read disputes can be long process but it is important that they are done to ensure you don't pay for your energy twice.

Here is some more information on the read dispute process: https://bit.ly/1TpcexE