Solved

Economy Energy customer, but not wanting to sign up with OVO. When can I switch?

• 26 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm ex economy energy, but don't want to be switched to OVO. Reason being I have found a cheaper 2 year fixed deal with no exit fees. Economy Energy customers are being moved to OVO variable tariff, but Ofgem have more or less confirmed tariffs are likely to rise. This will be announced on February 7th and will come into effect in April. So locking in a fixed tariff now makes sense. I have compared OVO fixed 2 year tariff but it compares less favourably with my intended provider.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 1 February 2019, 17:02

I'm ex economy energy, but don't want to be switched to OVO.

@mrrcporter it might cause an issue and a delay if you initiate a move now. It would mean 3 suppliers involved, 2 trying to take a supply and 2 trying to lose it. Might not be worth it, as the cost differences in our prices wouldn't amount to much in a 3-4 week period.

Wait till you've had your first bill, and then approach your preferred supplier or fix in with one of our tariffs!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm ex economy energy, but don't want to be switched to OVO.

@mrrcporter it might cause an issue and a delay if you initiate a move now. It would mean 3 suppliers involved, 2 trying to take a supply and 2 trying to lose it. Might not be worth it, as the cost differences in our prices wouldn't amount to much in a 3-4 week period.

Wait till you've had your first bill, and then approach your preferred supplier or fix in with one of our tariffs!
Thanks for the reply Tim. I have already initiated a move. Ovo 2 year fix does not compare favourably with my intended new supplier, and Ovo also has an exit fee which other supplier does not. I'm expecting suppliers to start raising their fix deals after 7th Feb. Maybe I have jumped the gun but time will tell.