Solved

Could OVO change my meters from prepayment to pay monthly?

• 19 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi I moved into a new home in October last year. The previous owner had pre pay meters in the property with NPower I have already requested credit ones which I passed the credit checks but nearly 6 months on NPower have failed over and over to honour the change of meters and the prices on these meters are once again increasing! I have tried a few other suppliers but they are not interested in removing NPowers prepay meters and advised me to get them too which has been a waste of time can anyone give me some advice does OVO do this?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 21 March 2018, 17:04

Hey @Jake1978

Unfortunately we can’t change prepayment meters to pay monthly meters. OVO Energy now only supplies pay monthly properties and the prepayment service is now provided by Boost Power. More info about this here:
https://www.ovoenergy.com/boost?utm_medium=IHsocial&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=retention_boostcards

If you’d like to change to pay monthly, another larger supplier may be able to do this for you. You’d need to switch over to them as a prepayment customer and then have the meters changed. I’d recommend checking with other suppliers if they can do this for you before switching.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

**Updated 24/07/2019**
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Jake1978

Unfortunately we can’t change prepayment meters to pay monthly meters. OVO Energy now only supplies pay monthly properties and the prepayment service is now provided by Boost Power. More info about this here:
https://www.ovoenergy.com/boost?utm_medium=IHsocial&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=retention_boostcards

If you’d like to change to pay monthly, another larger supplier may be able to do this for you. You’d need to switch over to them as a prepayment customer and then have the meters changed. I’d recommend checking with other suppliers if they can do this for you before switching.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

**Updated 24/07/2019**
Just moved back to our home (having rented it out for 14 years) to find an Ovo prepayment card set up. Would like to move this to direct debit immediately but after 2 hours on wasted calls, website searching and being left on hold for an age (gave up before it was picked up!) am stumped how to do this.
Can a real person help me sort this out?
(Utilita changed the electricity prepay to direct debit in 6 minutes flat)
Come on Ovo - tell me how it's done!
Userlevel 5
Badge
I've moved your post here, @KJS, please check out @Nancy_OVO's post.

Thanks ☺
We are moving to a property that has British Gas pre pay meters installed, I have asked for them to be removed so I can pay by direct debit. They have refused as I didn’t pass the credit check ( my Experian score is 999)
Can OVO who are my current providers take over the supply so I can continue my account with them?
Userlevel 5
I've moved your post over here, @Horace, take a look at the best answer for more info! 🙂