Solved

Can I sign up now but start my contract later?

• 1 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I am moving into a student house with two other people, our tenancy has started today, but none of us are moving in until the 7th of September. I have just got a quote that suits us, is it possible to get that deal now but not start the contract until September?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 8 August 2017, 19:49

Hello,
I am moving into a student house with two other people, our tenancy has started today, but none of us are moving in until the 7th of September. I have just got a quote that suits us, is it possible to get that deal now but not start the contract until September?

Hi @jeffreysan - good question this.

You can sign up to our Simpler Energy plan. This is a variable plan which doesn't set you in place with any contract, and lets you fix at any time (like when you move in). However the quote we've given to you now is only valid for 7 days. By the time you move in, the prices might well be exactly the same, but they might not be. I can't predict that unfortunately. I'd suggest you fix in now. You can always fix again in 12 months time, and even if you move out a few weeks later, you won't get any exit fees.

Hope this helps,
Tim
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hello,

Hi @jeffreysan - good question this.

You can sign up to our Simpler Energy plan. This is a variable plan which doesn't set you in place with any contract, and lets you fix at any time (like when you move in). However the quote we've given to you now is only valid for 7 days. By the time you move in, the prices might well be exactly the same, but they might not be. I can't predict that unfortunately. I'd suggest you fix in now. You can always fix again in 12 months time, and even if you move out a few weeks later, you won't get any exit fees.

Hope this helps,
Tim