Solved

Anyone here switched to OVO?

• 8 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Currently with ScottishPower on a prepaid meter for my electricity, which is a massive pain because the nearest shop is a 10 minute drive. They are being stubborn with it and not allowing us to switch to monthly billing instead for whatever reason (I assume they make more money off the meters). I heard about Ovo today and they estimated my weekly electricity cost with them to be £9 a week, which is better than the £12 I average at the moment. The big draw to them is that I can top up and check my balance via an app which is great.

However, as I've never heard of them before today, I was wondering if anyone here is with them or knows much about them. They have good feedback on Trustpilot, but I'm always a bit skeptical.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Transparent 8 May 2020, 15:11

Hi @AntonioFinn and welcome to the Forum.

There are in fact two different OVO Forums (should that be Fora?). Customers with Pay-As-You-Go meters are catered for over on the Boost Forum.

You’re still welcome to post other energy-related comments and questions here too. But we have no expertise of Top-Up Meters or experience of how they perform in comparison with rival Suppliers.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @AntonioFinn and welcome to the Forum.

There are in fact two different OVO Forums (should that be Fora?). Customers with Pay-As-You-Go meters are catered for over on the Boost Forum.

You’re still welcome to post other energy-related comments and questions here too. But we have no expertise of Top-Up Meters or experience of how they perform in comparison with rival Suppliers.