Solved

2 meters -possible to change to OVO?

• 25 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My current supplier is ScottishPower. There are 2 meters installed by them in my property, which is all-electrical and uses storage heaters. There are 2 serial numbers obviously, as well as 2 MPANs. I've had trouble switching before because other suppliers wouldn't support the meter type, but I've had SP change the meters. They're still 2, but a modern variant (they have digital displays etc).

Is it possible for this setup to be switched to OVO?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 27 June 2018, 10:59

Hi,

My current supplier is ScottishPower. There are 2 meters installed by them in my property, which is all-electrical and uses storage heaters. There are 2 serial numbers obviously, as well as 2 MPANs. I've had trouble switching before because other suppliers wouldn't support the meter type, but I've had SP change the meters. They're still 2, but a modern variant (they have digital displays etc).

Hey @VBimp,

As this is a fairly technical question I thought I'd jump in and respond.

It's perfectly possible to have two electricity supplies on one energy account with OVO. However we won't be able to sign them up at the same time. We can onboard one electricity supply, or one electricity supply and one gas supply together (we don't offer gas only accounts).

Once your first electricity supply has 'onboarded', we can add another supply for the same address to the account. You'll just need to contact the customer services team and provide the MPAN of the second supply you'd like adding.

It's worth mentioning that if there are two MPANs registered at one address, we'll probably send you an email after you've signed up asking you to identify which you'd like signing up. Keep an eye on your emails and be sure to specify one of the MPANs to begin with, and then the other when it comes to adding the second one.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

Nancy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi,

Hey @VBimp,

As this is a fairly technical question I thought I'd jump in and respond.

It's perfectly possible to have two electricity supplies on one energy account with OVO. However we won't be able to sign them up at the same time. We can onboard one electricity supply, or one electricity supply and one gas supply together (we don't offer gas only accounts).

Once your first electricity supply has 'onboarded', we can add another supply for the same address to the account. You'll just need to contact the customer services team and provide the MPAN of the second supply you'd like adding.

It's worth mentioning that if there are two MPANs registered at one address, we'll probably send you an email after you've signed up asking you to identify which you'd like signing up. Keep an eye on your emails and be sure to specify one of the MPANs to begin with, and then the other when it comes to adding the second one.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

Nancy