Solved

1 meter with 2 MPANs- can I switch to OVO?

• 23 November 2018
  • 6 replies

I'm looking to change suppliers and Ovo is definitely high on the list.

However I am told we are a bit unusual, we have two meters, one to do the cheap nighttime electricity, and one to do the day rate, so that means two MPAN numbers etc.

Is this something Ovo can accommodate? I had another supplier tell me they could but it would mean two standing charges, which is definitely something we don't currently pay to one of the big suppliers.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 26 November 2018, 13:58

we have two meters, is this something Ovo can accommodate?

Does OVO accept two MPAN numbers and secondly do they charge two standing charges?

Good question you both have @WobagUK @CliveS - we certainly do take on a set up that has 2 supplies (each with an MPAN) for one meter.

Initially MyOVO would just pick up the one MPAN, so call us once you've had your welcome letter and we'll make sure to apply for both: 0330 303 5063

We would apply a standing charge for each MPAN, so we'd highly recommend you get a smart meter fitted. When we fit the meter, we'd get rid of the surplus MPAN, meaning you'd only pay a single standing charge after the installation.

More info on smart meters (and a link to the booking platform) here
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @WobagUK

Have you tried looking on the forum if anyone else has enquired about this?

I found this - https://forum.ovoenergy.com/i-m-joining-ovo-i-m-leaving-ovo-56/i-have-a-two-rate-electricity-meter-economy-7-do-ovo-support-this-1415

I hope this helps. If not, be sure to search the forum 🙂
I did have a search, yeah. Before looking to switch I had assumed that this was basically the same as having an Economy 7 meter, and specified that when using a switching site to another company.

All was lovely until the the switch stopped part way, and after some investigation found out the two meters thing is different.

Be nice to get a definitive answer before I try switching again.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hmmm @Tim_OVO @Nancy_OVO Any ideas?
I’m currently with Scottish Power. All electric, 1 meter with two MPAN numbers. Standard tariff using ‘Comfort heating’ (Scotland)

I am struggling to find a supplier that even understands what this is, let alone change. I did find another ‘small’ well known supplier, but they wanted to charge two standing charges - one for each MPAN.

Does OVO accept two MPAN numbers and secondly do they charge two standing charges?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

we have two meters, is this something Ovo can accommodate?

Good question you both have @WobagUK @CliveS - we certainly do take on a set up that has 2 supplies (each with an MPAN) for one meter.

Initially MyOVO would just pick up the one MPAN, so call us once you've had your welcome letter and we'll make sure to apply for both: 0330 303 5063

We would apply a standing charge for each MPAN, so we'd highly recommend you get a smart meter fitted. When we fit the meter, we'd get rid of the surplus MPAN, meaning you'd only pay a single standing charge after the installation.

More info on smart meters (and a link to the booking platform) here
Ah. I only have ONE supply going into one meter. The meter has two MPAN numbers. The meter feeds two consumer units one for general use and one for storage heaters that are only power off peak/overnight.