News

Do you want to help create an amazing new feature?

Do you want to help create an amazing new feature?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This online community isn’t just here to support customer queries 24/7. It’s also about sharing thoughts and ideas, and getting you involved with helping OVO to be a better company for its customers and the planet.

We need your help and advice to create and improve on an exciting new feature.

If you want to help shape the future of OVO, or if you think of yourself as a bit of an inventor, then get involved!

Leave a comment below if you’re interested. No experience needed, we just want to speak to people who are honest and willing to share their thoughts in a constructive format. More details to follow

31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I’m interested!
Userlevel 2
Count me in!
Userlevel 3
Badge
I would be interested in finding out more.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Of course, yes.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Yep, great to get involved in this
Aye
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm expecting to have to change to a different provider when my 2 year fixed rate comes to an end this year. My suggestion would be for OVO to buck the trend and go for customer loyalty over attracting new customers with introductory rates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for the interest all. We'll be touch with you via a PM later this week with more info! 🤓🤓🤓

My suggestion would be for OVO to buck the trend and go for customer loyalty over attracting new customers with introductory rates.

The prices on offer for your renewal will be the exact same as those available for new customers @andyfras - as you will get a higher % of interest on any credit, you will be getting a better deal as a loyal customer compared to a new one..... With that in mind, don't forget to check the prices we can offer after the end of that 2 year fixed!
Userlevel 3
Yes interested here. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
What about the big gun super users @Transparent @ITGeek123 @Phil_H et al - interested?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
You know me @Tim_OVO I'm always here to help in anyway 😁
Userlevel 1
Badge
Tell me more . . .
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
As I was taught in the Scouts, DYB, DYB, DYB, DOB, DOB, DOB
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I'm expecting to have to change to a different provider when my 2 year fixed rate comes to an end this year. My suggestion would be for OVO to buck the trend and go for customer loyalty over attracting new customers with introductory rates.

I may jump into that boat with you too @andyfras
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I'm expecting to have to change to a different provider when my 2 year fixed rate comes to an end this year. My suggestion would be for OVO to buck the trend and go for customer loyalty over attracting new customers with introductory rates.I may jump into that boat with you too @andyfras

Hi All

My 2 year fix rate also ends later this year, I have been with OVO for 6 years and the service has been great, however I was not happy with the change from the online discount to the self service reward and together with the potential savings I can make by switching its highly likely I will be moving on as well.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Actually, in saying that, I have just compared OVO prices against Bristol Energy and GNE Summer Saver, all 2yr deals, OVO EV deal comes out at £1,162.57, GNE £1,138.16 and Bristol £1,179.94; if I take the Polar Plus option (worth £70.65 p.a.) OVO works out as my best deal so cancel previous comment.

Peter
Userlevel 4
Count me in!
Interested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
OVO works out as my best deal so cancel previous comment.

I did say to make sure to check our latest prices! Good to hear you're now considering sticking around @PeterR1947 😎

@Phil_H please do the same, for new and renewing customers, we're ditching the self service reward and factoring this into the prices....

Thanks to all the volunteers, I will be sending you a PM this week to confirm the next steps. This will include a link to a shiny new private area just for you!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Tim_OVO

Thanks for the information, I will keep it under review as I dont want to move unless I feel I have to.

As regards the self service reward - WOW! when did this happen??? Is this because of feedback from this forum?

I had not heard anything about OVO ditching this for new contracts , is there an announcement somewhere? - or could you create a new post with this announcement to let those like me know that it is changing- I think this could change a few minds about moving on but only if they know about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
could you create a new post with this announcement to let those like me know that it is changing

Good idea, @Phil_H just done this here!
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm sorry about taking this thread off topic, but I've just been on the MSE Cheap Energy Club, only to find that a new I year fix from OVO would cost me £127/year more than I'm currently paying, whereas there are several other providers that would be a lot less, including BG at just £42/year more than I'm currently paying. So it looks like I'll be saying 'thank you and goodbye' at the end of September.

I'll be sorry to leave, because I've enjoyed being part of the OVO community, but you need to be competitive on price as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Erm, yes please @Tim_OVO. Count me in too.

The "bit of an inventor" description is too difficult to let pass by 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
How about some of our first members, the Treehouse crew! Would you be interested in taking part in this ideation/discussion? @David_Treehouse @Dominic_Treehouse @John_Treehouse @Jackie_Treehouse

We should be sending volunteers a PM today, with a link to the private area and the big reveal!
Userlevel 1
Badge
How about some of our first members, the Treehouse crew! Would you be interested in taking part in this ideation/discussion? @David_Treehouse @Dominic_Treehouse @John_Treehouse @Jackie_Treehouse

We should be sending volunteers a PM today, with a link to the private area and the big reveal!

sure - sign me up