Solved

Why do I have to reset my password every time I log on to the forum?

• 25 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Question is above. I use the same password every time. i use the browser to remember the password, but even if I type it in, the forum still refuses to recognise it.

Dave
icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 26 November 2018, 13:02

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Updated on 20/04/22 by Jess_OVO 

We’ve recently updated the login options so you can now login using your community username or the email address you used to setup your account. 

Sounds like a caching issue. I would recommend you clear your browser history and stored passwords and try again. Make sure you are using your username you set up and not your email address too when you try and login.

One way to find out is if you are using Google Chrome as your web browser. Press Ctrl Shift N to open an Incognito window and try logging into the forum this way. If it accepts your password first time, then this is the issue.

Let me know if this works!

If you’ve tried these trouble-shooting tips and are still having login issues reach out to the moderating team via email: forum@ovoenergy.com and we’ll help get things sorted! :smiley:

Thank you, it worked. Now to get somebody from the admin team to answer my other question.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Thank you, it worked. Now to get somebody from the admin team to answer my other question.

What question is that?
About getting my smart meters set up so I don't have to give manual readings. but you have answered, thanks.
Userlevel 2

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but having to reset my Forum password every single time I try to log on is driving me nuts.  
I’m not sure it’s a cache issue as I log in to the Forum at different times which means through different bits of kit - if I’m home it’s my laptop, if I’m away from home it might be my phone or iPad. On every occasion it says incorrect password, so it’s not one individual piece of tech causing it. 
Given I’m trying to sort an ongoing issue about a faulty IHD, having to jump through this extra hoop isn’t doing my blood pressure any good!

Userlevel 7

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but having to reset my Forum password every single time I try to log on is driving me nuts.  

Very frustrating for you, @Melchett (I know that this tag will prompt an email, and you’ll need to reset the password again just to this this!)

I know that @sylm_2000 had a similar issue but was able to fix it themselves. Can you confirm what actions you took?

If we confirm this, and you try to replicate this without success, I’ll raise to Insided (who manage the platform this community sits in) to investigate. 

Userlevel 7

I’ll update the ‘best answer’ when we hear from Sylm_200 :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Melchett - try user name on the forum, that helped resolve the problem. I had to reset each time as well. 

I use my email address for the OvO account and user name for the forum - all okay.

I tried all cookies, brower, OS, devices - not the culprit in my case.

@Tim_OVO  - glad to help. I know the pain!