Solved

Why wasn't I able to select EV Everywhere plan when signing up, or once on supply?

• 12 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I was an OVO customer for 2 years and had benefit of Chargemaster benefit.

I changed supplier , after a year I decided to return to OVO because of the Polar benefit.

Before joining I asked the agent to confirm the plan to use for this benefit which he did, but signed me into the fixed term plan which does not have the benefit. After many conflicting discussions with OVO agents including the statement I must pay £30 to change plans, it transpires the plan is able to provide the Chargemaster benefit so it will cost me approx £70 per year extra for OVO energy plus £100 for the Chargemaster benefit. This is not an accepatble deal. 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 13 November 2020, 18:52

Thanks for posting this question, @Biggles :blush:

As @Blastoise186 has suggested, there’s been some confusion here from the agent, I think. 

EV Everywhere is available for you to sign up to as a new customer. Here is the link to the quote page. It’s a separate quote page to our non EV members, which is a bit confusing to be honest! 

Whilst EV Everywhere is a two year fix tariff, it’s got a few bits to it that make it different to our two year fix plan. There’s also another problem: members who are on supply with OVO on a different plan to EV Everywhere, but who want to be on EV Everywhere, need to be moved over to our original billing platform for this change to happen. 

The good news is that can happen behind the scenes, at no extra cost to you. You won’t get termination fees for this. Even if it wasn't an agent error, it’s not a different tariff, the unit rates and standing charges will be the same two year fix rates as the one you’re currently on. At some point soon, we’ll make that change to our new billing platform that will allow your account to be upgraded back. So the move to the old platform will only be temporary! 

My advice is to contact us on web chat on Monday here. Send them a link to this topic, and give them 10 minutes to read it through and raise the request internally. 

Lastly for my and @Blastoise186’s efforts in helping you, come back here to update us after?

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Welcome @Biggles ,

Sorry to have kept you waiting. This definitely sounds like some kind of confusion occurred during the sign up process, for which you weren’t put on the plan you asked for. It doesn’t seem right to me that you should have to pay to fix this one, so perhaps it’s something @Tim_OVO needs to escalate within the team (Sorry for all the pings!).

Could you fill out your profile as well please? It may help to get this looked into a bit faster and can be useful to make sure we’re able to give the right advice.

There was no confusion. I specifically asked the agent if I could have the Chargemaster card and he said only with the 2 yr term. The documments took 3 weeks to come and enquiries revealed your billing system could not handle EV Everywhere. Seems there is confusion amongst OVO agents but not me. your pln will cost me over £10 more than my previous supplier. It seems there are many OVO customers who have been mislead, and I was advised there is no timeline to fix the problem.

Either get it sortedor I will take further action to recover my losses.

Biggles *edited by mod*

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’m only a volunteer myself and I don’t have any direct access to your account, so i’m unable to make any changes directly. However, I have escalated this for Tim the community manager to take a look as soon as he’s free. Please bear with us as this might take a bit of time.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting this question, @Biggles :blush:

As @Blastoise186 has suggested, there’s been some confusion here from the agent, I think. 

EV Everywhere is available for you to sign up to as a new customer. Here is the link to the quote page. It’s a separate quote page to our non EV members, which is a bit confusing to be honest! 

Whilst EV Everywhere is a two year fix tariff, it’s got a few bits to it that make it different to our two year fix plan. There’s also another problem: members who are on supply with OVO on a different plan to EV Everywhere, but who want to be on EV Everywhere, need to be moved over to our original billing platform for this change to happen. 

The good news is that can happen behind the scenes, at no extra cost to you. You won’t get termination fees for this. Even if it wasn't an agent error, it’s not a different tariff, the unit rates and standing charges will be the same two year fix rates as the one you’re currently on. At some point soon, we’ll make that change to our new billing platform that will allow your account to be upgraded back. So the move to the old platform will only be temporary! 

My advice is to contact us on web chat on Monday here. Send them a link to this topic, and give them 10 minutes to read it through and raise the request internally. 

Lastly for my and @Blastoise186’s efforts in helping you, come back here to update us after?

It was not 1 confused agent, but several, who gave same reason why EV Anywhere not available.

if as you advise the switch to EV at no penalty why do all agents claim it is noot due computer billing problems.

Do you work for OVO and with what authority can you ensure switch to EV is possible?

Biggles

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Biggles ,

Thanks for posting back.

I’m really sorry to hear of all the trouble, but I can promise you that Tim will do everything he can to help you get this sorted.

OVO is currently in the process of migrating all their customers to a new billing platform. While it has a lot of new features, there’s a few things which haven’t yet been added and are currently only on the old one. EV Everywhere is one of those at the moment.

I can also confirm that while I’m only a customer myself and a volunteer on this forum. As such, I don’t have any access to your account, nor any authority to make any promises myself. However, as the community manager, Tim is definitely an OVO employee. He’s able to get direct contact with a huge number of teams internally and Tim would never make a promise he can’t keep.

I truly appreciate this issue can be frustrating for you, but please hang in there with us and we’ll do everything we can to get this sorted. I think the live chat might be open right now if you’d like to give it another try.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Biggles ,

Thanks for posting back.

I’m really sorry to hear of all the trouble, but I can promise you that Tim will do everything he can to help you get this sorted.

OVO is currently in the process of migrating all their customers to a new billing platform. While it has a lot of new features, there’s a few things which haven’t yet been added and are currently only on the old one. EV Everywhere is one of those at the moment.

I can also confirm that while I’m only a customer myself and a volunteer on this forum. As such, I don’t have any access to your account, nor any authority to make any promises myself. However, as the community manager, Tim is definitely an OVO employee. He’s able to get direct contact with a huge number of teams internally and Tim would never make a promise he can’t keep.

I truly appreciate this issue can be frustrating for you, but please hang in there with us and we’ll do everything we can to get this sorted. I think the live chat might be open right now if you’d like to give it another try.

Just to add to this, @Biggles feel free to send me a private message with your full name, account number and address and I can view the account notes, and if need by pass on some feedback where appropriate. That said I’m also aware there might be as of yet unconfirmed info that I’m not aware of. Can you let us know the latest?