News

Electric vehicle owners - Fancy joining the OVO research panel?

• 2 November 2020
  • 24 replies
Electric vehicle owners - Fancy joining the OVO research panel?
Userlevel 7

EV owners……. rise!

We want to make your OVO energy account brilliantly simple to use - giving you all the help you need to make informed decisions about your energy. 

We’d love you to get involved to tell us - and show us - how our service works for you, and how we can make your experience even better. 

We’ll even pay you for your help. Win win!

Join our research panel to be part of the OVO journey: just complete the short online forum to confirm your interest: here

24 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m going to tag our ‘EV volunteer’ badge owners, I know some of you would love to be part of this process of shaping the future of EVs at OVO :blush:

@Jequinlan @IbrahimEV @sylm_2000 @NeilG @ArundaleP @jp1 @Andras @D10hul @DarrenG @Mikeyoung @NinjaGeek @Peetee @aaronr @PeterR1947 @Delboy 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @Tim_OVO, submitted 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @Tim_OVO . Submitted!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Another research panel signed up to @Tim_OVO 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Signed up thanks @Tim_OVO  haven’t used my generic email address. Is that ok?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Tim_OVO  Signed up, confessed I was with Octopus and had to answer with lots of don’t knows!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Same @PeterR1947 i answered loads of I don’t know :(

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks @Tim_OVO , I also signed up. It looks like I will have a few weeks off, so you timed it well!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Tim_OVO - thanks for the heads-up. Have signed for the panel.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Done cheers 

Userlevel 2

Signed up as well but moved away from OVO 

I have 15 years experience with Hybrid and EV so would be happy to offer my experience, BUT I want OVO to provide the EV Everywhere I had 2 years ago and was offered for the current 2 year period, but after sign-up was refused as it not available. That will cost me £150+

Biggles

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, is it too late for me to sign up or do I have to wait until EV Everywhere is for EV Everybody?

I bought my gorgeous 2019 Nissan Leaf at the beginning of December and ordered my charger from ChargeEV through the Ovo discount scheme, paying £399 for it on 9th December. I then was told by ChargeEV that I had to have an isolation switch and ‘meter tails’ fitted so I phoned Ovo and requested that to be done, paying another £158.25 for that. I was told I couldn’t get an engineer before the installation date of 11th February so the work was done last Monday morning. ChargeEV then told me that my installation now wouldn’t be until 22nd March! I had a moan at them and now it’s scheduled for 11th March.
It’s very cold with the granny charger through the window!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there @Gingernut49 ,

It looks like the research panel is still accepting sign-ups, so feel free to go ahead.

EV Everywhere should also be open to anyone who qualifies for the tariff. Hopefully that charger gets installed soon!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Blastoise - do you have a link for it? I can’t find it (new to this forum lark!).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sure thing @Gingernut49 .

You can find the sign up form for that research panel right here. If you’re after EV Everywhere however, you’ll want https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/ev-tariff .

Given that I suspect you’re already on an existing contract with OVO, you’ll need to contact the Support Team by phone if you wanted to change tariff mid-contract as I think this requires verbal confirmation.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve just had an online chat with Ovo’s Jonathan.

Apparently, I can’t change my tariff to EV Everywhere until my contract expires in October. I’m currently on Better Energy and Ovo Beyond. I’ll be able to compare when I get my renewal notice later this year. I probably will only need to charge once a week anyway.

Userlevel 3
Badge

A further response from him, “I've just spoke to my manager and you can upgrade to this tariff without an exit fee. You can upgrade now by going to the 'offers' page in your My OVO. It should show the Ev everywhere add-on to upgrade to.”

I’ll have a look!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Except My Ovo offers only had four others so I’ve emailed hello@ovoenergy.com for their help. I’ll get there in the end!

To GingerNut

I had similar problem when I signed up for EV, the call centre put me on a different tariff, and i did not realise for 2-3 weeks. When I did, i was told I needed to pay £30 to change tariff. When they understood there was an EV everywhere tariff they tried to charge me a higher rate.

It appears not all the representatives kow of EV Anywhere, and then it appears the computer cannot handle the tariff so you have to be put back manully on the old computer system.

It takes patience and help for the forum Tim to get the correct number to call. Do not give up.

Biggles.

Userlevel 3
Badge

To GingerNut

I had a similar problem when I signed up for EV, the call centre put me on a different tariff, and i did not realise for 2-3 weeks. When I did, i was told I needed to pay £30 to change tariff. When they understood there was an EV everywhere tariff they tried to charge me a higher rate.

It appears not all the representatives know of EV Anywhere, and then it appears the computer cannot handle the tariff so you have to be put back manully on the old computer system.

It takes patience and help for the forum Tim to get the correct number to call. Do not give up.

Biggles.

I’ve found it all challenging: trying to get different apps to work, register me as the owner etc, get the charger installed, work out how to drive the car(!) with instruction manuals inches thick, etc, etc, etc, but I’m slowly getting there and love my car now, even though it’s four feet longer than the car I had before, and it’s so cheap to run. 

I’m getting there, bit by bit! I fear for anyone who isn’t technically minded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Then I bet you’ve never seen a Mercedes-Benz Viano (now known as the V-Class these days) then! Or the new EV version - the EQV.

Trust me when I say this… Those things are absolutely massive, even if you go for the Compact version!!! But if you went for the Extra-Long version, it’d be almost as big as a minibus.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Then I bet you’ve never seen a Mercedes-Benz Viano (now known as the V-Class these days) then! Or the new EV version - the EQV.

Trust me when I say this… Those things are absolutely massive, even if you go for the Compact version!!! But if you went for the Extra-Long version, it’d be almost as big as a minibus.

No thanks! I had a lovely little Toyota Aygo and, as a volunteer driver, when they said passengers now had to sit in the back there wasn’t any legroom for passengers anyway, and certainly not if I had to get a walking aid in the back too.

My lovely Nissan Leaf has plenty of room for rear-seat passengers and even wheelchairs in the boot, so I’m back to my driving again. It’s great to leave the house!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Completely forgot I signed up to it and signed up again 🤦‍♂️ Sorry @Tim_OVO