Solved

Anyone else had trouble with the Vehicle to Grid (V2G) charger and app being offline from end of January 2021?

• 2 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Fellow V2G trialists,

Charger has been pretty much hassle free since last summer when it was installed. Following heavy snow in the area (assume that’s a co-incidence) the charger has gone faulty. I have reset many times, the red lights appear after attempting to restart. Let the charger off overnight, started after waiting for hours, connected and disconnected the cable, no difference.

Most of the time the app shows the big red error sign, now it says cable not connected while it is. After restart makes a cranking noise white flashes of purple and then RED.

Have reached out to V2G support, been a week, no resolution yet!

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by sylm_2000 15 February 2021, 18:07

Update: OVO team contacted today to confirm the V2G unit is faulty and needs to be replaced. A replacement from Indra is being sent and will be installed mid-March (the earliest date they can have on the calender). 

I am sure Covid restrictions have a role to play in the delay, however, worth nothing a replacement unit can take 5-6 weeks in case it happens with your V2G charger.

A note to trialist and future customers to have a back-up charger if possible to ensure you can keep your car charged and working in case V2G fails.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Just received an update:

I can confirm that the issue with your trial unit is still under investigation and is currently being looked into with Indra, the manufacturer, as we believe there may be an inverter fault with the V2G.

Userlevel 5

Thank you for the update @sylm_2000.

I hope this sorted soon, please keep us updated on how this develops if you can!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Red light sounds like a hardware fault. I hope you can get it sorted. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Update: OVO team contacted today to confirm the V2G unit is faulty and needs to be replaced. A replacement from Indra is being sent and will be installed mid-March (the earliest date they can have on the calender). 

I am sure Covid restrictions have a role to play in the delay, however, worth nothing a replacement unit can take 5-6 weeks in case it happens with your V2G charger.

A note to trialist and future customers to have a back-up charger if possible to ensure you can keep your car charged and working in case V2G fails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hiya @sylm_2000 ,

Oh no! That’s not good! :open_mouth:

However, I’m glad to hear you’ve got things in hand.

Hopefully you’ll be back up and running once the new charger arrives.

Having taken a quick look around, I did find a couple of related threads that were previously tagged with best answers, but I also feel that your latest comment is more valuable than the ones in:

And

While I do have permissions to assign a best answer to any question that’s unsolved and I do think your latest reply solves the thread… This does create a three-way tie here. It’s really tough to make a judgement call on this myself. However, I sometimes like to try and factor in which answer provides more value now than what may have helped out in the past.

In addition, this thread relates to weather related issues, which the others don’t refer to. As such… I’m going to do a clever magic trick. You will be rewarded as a result, so please check your PM’s to find out what that is...