V2G Export - what's your maximum? Mini Competition

• 15 September 2020
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Dear all,

For days (weeks) I have been trying to set a PB on my V2G KWH Exports and seem to hit a brick wall at 17.7KWh (for a single day). Has anyone with ONE V2G Charger managed to beat that or is there a system limit? Screencaps from the app welcomed (along with how you manage it)

Thanks, John :)

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Member Export amount
1st: @Jequinlan 17.7KWh
2nd tbc
3rd: tbc

Userlevel 7

Sorry for spam @mention, but with some of you V2G trialsits an email notification is needed to make you see these (let me know if you’d prefer I left you out next time though, no hard feelings) @D10hul @Mikeyoung @aaronr @Leo Moran @Andras @vespalads @djriot @Kat Leaf @jp1 @pixelpefekt @sylm_2000 @ArundaleP @Peetee @NeilG :

What’s your max export……!?

Userlevel 4
Badge

UPDATE: scrolling further down managed to find a new peak :)

14.1 KWh on 02nd June. Can’t find a logic at anything I have done to see the fluctuations, must be the grid load.

(That’s a tall order for my gen 2 Nissan Leaf 🙂 Max I achieved was 10.4KWh

Steady as she goes at averaging between 8-9 KWh/day)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Peak for me was 23.7kWh on July 2nd, but have had a few days up in the 20s. Usually it’s around the 18kWh mark though.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hmm interesting, only have a 30kWh leaf, but did manage a 19.3 kWh export back on the 4th May...

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

That's great! I am going to experiment with boost button!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

23rd February we got 26.3 kWh but normally it’s nowhere as high as that.

My best was 30.3 kWh in December last year back in the good old days when exporting was not limited. Lucky if I get 18 these days even though my car is on the drive 24/7.

Where do I collect my mini?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Ahh so it IS limited!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I heard a rumour that it is limited for kWh throughput to keep Nissan happy with the battery warranty 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@ArundaleP it certainly looks limited!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m not sure when the limit was added but it seems there is one now.
It would be good if someone from Kaluza could step in and add some facts it would be great.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Tim_OVO can you get a formal update for us please?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Was the best month right as lockdown happened. 

little over 32 

I must stress this was also a 62 leaf, trends tend to be as you approach the end of the month you export more if you haven’t used your 18 average quota. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

I think that maximum export a day will be down to the settings and the vehicle that you have. If you had a 62kWh leaf and set 25%-95% with a blank in the timing then that basically says to the grid you can use as much 70% of the battery capacity anytime you like then you will get some big numbers.  If you have a 30kWh (or 24kWh) and you have a fixed time every day that you need your vehicle charged to the upper setting or you never want the charge to go less than 50% then you are not going to be setting any export records.

I have a 40kWh leaf on 35%-90% with a fixed “ready by” time everyday. My Maximum was 25.0kWh back in March 2020 but I average about 15kWh a day.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am not sure if this works for everyone but if I boost to 100% but leave it connected then it wants to export straight away until it gets back to 90%. Of course I would not recommend that. I only found out when I was going on a long journey and boosted up to the max and then my journey was delayed and I noticed it had gone back to 90%. Then I tested a couple more times, on different occasions, and it did the same thing.

As I say not recommended.

Userlevel 4
Badge

My 24 kW Leaf exported 15.4 kWh on the 31st of March, that was exceptional. I was surprised to see that. The average daily export is between 8-10 kWh nowadays.

Userlevel 7

@Tim_OVO can you get a formal update for us please?

Hi V2G-ers, 

I’ve confirmed that a 18kWh/day limit is a condition advised by Nissan to ensure the battery performance is maintained over the life of the vehicle. 

So some of the members listed below have a lot of explaining to do…… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Member Export amount
1st @D10hul  31.3kWh
2nd @djriot  30.3kWh
3rd @ArundaleP  26.3kWh
@Mikeyoung  25kWh
@aaronr  23.7kWh
@jp1  19.3kWh
@Jequinlan  17.7kWh
@Andras  15.4kWh

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey, 

I don’t control the operating system lol 😂 

just shows what a bigger capacity battery can do !!