I saw this in the Guardian. It looks like a tariff worth signing up for. Can existing members switch to this tariff and when will this go live?
Best answer by Tim_OVO
Updated on 23/08/21 by Tim_OVO:
What is the OVO Drive Anytime add on?
Pay just 5p/kWh to smart charge your EV
If you’re on the OVO Drive plan, try Anytime, the add-on with a super-low charging rate any time you smart charge your car.
- Pay just 5p/kWh whenever you smart charge your EV
- Need your car in a hurry? Boost charge it on your standard OVO Drive rate (your current OVO Drive rate can be found here)
- Keep paying your current OVO Drive rate for your home energy use
As you might’ve guessed, to get the Anytime add on, you'll need to be on the OVO Drive plan, and have a compatible EV charger (if you have a V2G charger, see this thread) and smart meter. You’ll also need to be ok with your smart meter sharing half-hourly readings with us.
Here’s how Anytime works
It’s all down to your EV charger.
This clever bit of tech will give you personalised insights about your charging habits, and tell us exactly how much of your electricity was used to smart charge your car.
We then use this info to give you Anytime Charging Credits each month – which means that your total bill will always reflect a smart-charging rate of just 5p/kWh.
You can find out all about Anytime Charging Credits here.
Add Anytime in no time
- Sign up to OVO Drive (if you haven’t already)
- Choose the Anytime add-on in offers
- Connect your EV charger to your OVO account
OVO Drive + Anywhere add on page and FAQs here.
Post your comment below to ask the community a question about this exciting add on!