EV Owner window stickers - an idea for OVO

• 3 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well it’s 2:30am and I am unable to sleep so I decided to try and get my creative side going on photoshop. So I have started to design what will be transfer stickers to place on your car Windows to show off your shiny EV and let people know you are driving an EV :heart_eyes: Not only this, why not advertise who is providing your electricity to charge your EV? I have come up with two designs so far. I will be designing more and placing them on here. Once I have received feedback from all you amazing EV drivers. I will get to work on designs for you all and place them all here for everyone to see. 

I will see if it is possible to get them printed. But I will need to speak with @Tim_OVO@Nancy_OVO@Amy_OVO@Eva_OVO or @Ash_OVO if OVO are ok for me printing their logo. I will be providing these transfer stickers for free. This will be a non profit project of mine.

Here is the first design. It’s plain, simple and advertises you are driving a fully electric vehicle. 

Next is advertising where your electric is coming from to charge your car.

Just to give you an example what they look like.

Now with the EV everywhere sticker

The images probably do not justify. I think in the person these will look amazing.

Like I said, these are just a couple of designs I have in mind. I do have a few more ideas but it’s nearly 3am. 

OVO, If I need to sign an agreement to say I will not make profit from these transfer stickers. I am happy to do this. But like I said, I thought this would be a really amazing idea!

I hope this is ok. Admins, if this is not ok. I will not feel upset if you wish to remove this post.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow! That’s an interesting use of being isolated at home, @ITGeek123 

So if shutting you away for a fortnight produces this sort of creativity, what’s likely to emerge by the end of the month?! :astonished:

I’ll be waiting to see if Marketing are prepared to allow the monochrome approach, or whether they would require the OVO logo in the correct pantone colour.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Wow! That’s an interesting use of being isolated at home, @ITGeek123 

So if shutting you away for a fortnight produces this sort of creativity, what’s likely to emerge by the end of the month?! :astonished:

I’ll be waiting to see if Marketing are prepared to allow the monochrome approach, or whether they would require the [color=#009030]OVO[/color] logo in the correct pantone colour.

Thank you @Transparent Fingers crossed OVO allow me to do this altogether. I have a feeling due to copyright reasons it will be a flat no

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you noticed how close is the colour of the OVO logo to the green photoluminescent vinyl sheet which is readily available?

It’s not going to an exact match because each of us will perceive differently the interpretation from the subtractive colour of the logo to the additive colour of the vinyl sheet.

It would need UV light at around 365nm to excite it. But there must surely be a way for OVO to capitalise on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It would be pretty cool to have just the OVO logo glow in the dark but I have no idea how that would work for a transfer sticker?

Userlevel 7

Such a good idea IMHO @ITGeek123 

We’ve already passed this on, end of last week. I’ll be coming back to you this week with some insider insights on feasibility :nerd:   

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Such a good idea IMHO @ITGeek123 

We’ve already passed this on, end of last week. I’ll be coming back to you this week with some insider insights on feasibility :nerd:   

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished: O@Tim_OVO  Has just opened the Hype train and I have officially jumped on it! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’ve just found this thread but I’d love a ‘powered by Ovo Energy’ sticker (but not with EV Everywhere)!

I’ve had my 2019 40kw Leaf since December and I had my charger fitted at the end of March. Fortunately the long wait meant that I could change my order to a tethered charger, having struggled with a cold and wet ‘granny’ cable to wind it back into its bag (and sitting freezing by an open window!).

I changed to the tariff that is for EV Everywhere but that was a thorough disappointment as it actually costs around 3p more per kWh. That made no sense to me at all so I changed back. That caused months of hassle as all my bills disappeared, then were reinstated but all dated 15th March. As I was also trying to compare my usage from last year with my new heat pump installation that was very frustrating. All sorted out now, thank heavens.

I only need to charge around once a week. I’m a volunteer driver but most of my trips are local.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sure thing. I’ll ping a reminder to @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO for you right away. They’re probably not going to be back until tomorrow, but I’ll make sure this gets seen.

In actual fact, me doing this guarantees that they will see it. Hehehe.

Mind you, if our resident Chocolate Queen @Amy_OVO is around, you might get lucky a bit faster...

Userlevel 7

What are we getting reminded about, @Blastoise186:rofl:

If we had some OVO branded EV window stickers (which I think we should, great idea, I’ll pass this on again now), then you’d get one in a heartbeat, @Gingernut49

For now, all I can offer you is an OVO Forum EV Volunteer badge :military_medal:

Hopefully we’ll hear more from you about your Leaf, your charger, and your life as an EV owner in general. There’s going to be A LOT of people looking for info on this transition in the coming months and years!