There appears to be several EV drivers on this forum which is fantastic! So I thought, why don’t we start creating topics to help new OVO/EV drivers find out what the best or most used apps are, which charging point is good for them and more.
I thought I would start with Home charging points. If anyone wishes to add additional information to this. Please go ahead!
Just before I note down a list of Charging points, you need to take these into consideration with the “OLEV Grant”
- The OLEV Grant, specifically named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides up to £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point from 1st April 2020.
- EV home chargers installed before 1st April 2020 benefit from a higher £500 OLEV grant.
- It’s available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars, old or new.
- You can claim one chargepoint per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
- When selecting a charging point. Default power is 3kw and I recommend you spend the extra money upgrading to 7kw to future proof yourself when you purchase a newer EV with bigger battery
Ok, so I would recommend the following charging points. I will organise from Low to High in price.
OVO Smart Charger - From FREE! Sign up to EV Everwhere Bundle tariff
Chargemaster - From £344
Rolec - From £445
Pod Point - From £449
ChargedEV - From £549 - BP Chargemaster or £599 Smart+
Zappi - From £695.00