Solved

Why won't MyOVO let me set my own Direct Debit, lower then the recommended one?

• 31 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Ovo are suggesting raising my monthly Direct Debit payment from £64 to £149. This is a huge increase and quite unnecessary, considering that I am currently in credit and am not likely to increase my use of fuel in the next year.

Because of anticipated increases in fuel costs, I would like to increase my monthly payment to around £100, but the online tool for changing the payment will not allow me to choose a figure other than Ovo's suggested one.

What can I do?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 2 January 2019, 11:54

Hello @Castle Street If the online tool is not allowing you to change to the amount you wish, it's likely that you're setting it too low. They try and get you to your contract end date at £0, so the minimum amount is capped to get you to £0 at least. They might have this wrong though, it's only an estimate. So you can always call and check.

Their number is: 0330 303 5063

Good Luck! Let us know how you get on. 🙂
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @Castle Street If the online tool is not allowing you to change to the amount you wish, it's likely that you're setting it too low. They try and get you to your contract end date at £0, so the minimum amount is capped to get you to £0 at least. They might have this wrong though, it's only an estimate. So you can always call and check.

Their number is: 0330 303 5063

Good Luck! Let us know how you get on. 🙂
I have successfully changed my monthly payment, but it was not easy to get through to OVO to do it, and I had a long wait before receiving a message that if I wished, OVO Would phone me back. Why didn’t they tell me that straight away?

The person who dealt with my query was helpful, polite and efficient and I have no complaints regarding the way my call was handled, but I would still prefer to be able to manage my account entirely online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @Castle Street we are working hard to make more functionality available through MyOVO to allow you to do more online yourself.

Your experience helps highlight that we need to continue evolving the online offering.

I've passed your feedback re the call back function to the team.

Darran
I would like to increase my direct debit payment from £74. to £90 .but your minimum payment is £106.
I think this is unreasonable and customers should be able to increase their payments to what they think is reasonable.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Philip Westwood - I've moved your post over here where you should find some useful info above. See @ITGeek123's best answer above 🙂