Solved

Why such a large increase in my recommended Direct Debit?

• 1 February 2018
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Annieb64 - I've moved your post over here. You can find more info on this above ^^
Hello,

Today I received an email from you recommending an increase in our monthly DD from £270 to £327. I've looked at the usage for the past year and even allowing for an increase of 10% in the coming year, I can't get to this higher amount being necessary. Is it possible to 'split the difference' with the increase, and see how it goes?

Thanks,

Vicky
Tried to phone, but, frankly, do not have the time to wait endlessly on-hold.

Anyhow, we pay £124 per month direct debit and was surprised to log on and find that Ovo wants to increase the monthly DD to £226! The total we have spent in the last 12 months (from May18-Apr 19) has been £1,285, which confirms that £124 is about right.

We have a Smart Meter so Ovo is perfectly aware of what are energy use is so any idea of where we go to from here, given there is no way of changing the direct debit on your website?
Userlevel 4
Hey @Victorious and @phatnpil,

We had a similar topic on this so I moved your queries over here, read through for more information.

Is it possible to 'split the difference' with the increase, and see how it goes?

Essentially we can do what you suggest, just give our Customer Care team a call to discuss this. They're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm on 0330 303 5063.

Tried to phone, but, frankly, do not have the time to wait endlessly on-hold.

We have a Smart Meter so Ovo is perfectly aware of what are energy use is so any idea of where we go to from here, given there is no way of changing the direct debit on your website?

Our wait times haven't exceeded 5 minutes all week, so if you were to call you wouldn't be left waiting long.

The Direct Debit can be updated on My OVO just head to the payments section!
Hey @Victorious,

We had a similar topic on this so I moved your query over here, read through for more information.

Essentially we can do what you suggest, just give our Customer Care team a call to discuss this. They're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm on 0330 303 5063.

@Eva_OVO Many thanks for your reply, all now sorted 🙂