Solved

Why such a high increase in my Direct Debit?

• 21 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I only joined OVO in January and therefore have only submitted a handful of readings. I currently owe £31.22 and my direct debit is £126 a month. My last statement was £127.38 and as the warmer months are approaching I know that I will be in credit in a couple of months. WHY then has OVO informed me that they will be increasing my direct debit to £302 a month!?! Yep £302! I had assumed that direct debits were FIXED as I need to know how much is coming out of my bank each month. I cannot afford £302 a month! I had assumed that my direct debit could not be changed without my agreement, but have now received an email from OVO informing me that they will be amending my direct debit within the next couple of weeks!!!! I understand all the explanations in regards to having your balance at the end of the 12 months at £0 but OVO has not given my account the chance to go into credit. I DO NOT want to increase the amount and would be happy to pay the balance if needed to at the end of the 12 months. Why have the option of a 'top up' facility????? I am strongly regretting switching to OVO already!!!!!!!
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 22 May 2019, 11:38

Hi @Julie70 that does sound like quite a jump!

You will of course use more during winter and are likely to have had statements higher than your DD amount, hence why we might review your DD to ensure you are paying enough to cover what you are using across the whole contract with us.

However, definitely keen to check this for you. I've sent you a private message to get some account details from you, so I can get the team to have a look at this.

Darran
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Julie70 that does sound like quite a jump!

You will of course use more during winter and are likely to have had statements higher than your DD amount, hence why we might review your DD to ensure you are paying enough to cover what you are using across the whole contract with us.

However, definitely keen to check this for you. I've sent you a private message to get some account details from you, so I can get the team to have a look at this.

Darran