Solved

Why is my statement generated before my Direct Debit has gone out?

• 20 May 2019
  • 5 replies

I don’t know if anybody has experienced the same and can explain it to me but I submitted my meter readings on the 18th as indicated to do so by OVO, my Direct debit is due out on the 22nd as set up by OVO so why have they taken the balance due (worked out by the latest meter readings) from my savings pot?it doesn’t make sense to me that they would take the money before my direct debit goes out??or am I just being totally thick and this is how the world works 😂 sorry totally new to paying bills etc!!!
icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 21 May 2019, 11:46

Hi @Abbie88, welcome to the forum!

You pay for your energy in advanced, so the Direct Debit that is coming out on the 22nd will pay for the end of may/Junes usage. You'll notice that when you first switched over to us, you'll have had a Direct Debit taken very soon after.

We do this so that we can more accurately buy energy, saving us money, which we can then pass on through lower unit rates to our customers.

You can of course change the billing date or Direct Debit date, so that the payment comes out before the statement's generated. You'd just need to contact us at hello@ovoenergy.com and we'll get that changed for you.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @Abbie88, welcome to the forum!

You pay for your energy in advanced, so the Direct Debit that is coming out on the 22nd will pay for the end of may/Junes usage. You'll notice that when you first switched over to us, you'll have had a Direct Debit taken very soon after.

We do this so that we can more accurately buy energy, saving us money, which we can then pass on through lower unit rates to our customers.

You can of course change the billing date or Direct Debit date, so that the payment comes out before the statement's generated. You'd just need to contact us at hello@ovoenergy.com and we'll get that changed for you.

Thanks,
Ed
I have asked now on several occasions for my statement date to coincide with my Direct Debit payment but so far have been ignored can someone at Ovo sort this out please it isn't difficult ????????????????????????????
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @ray51 - I've moved your post over here. Check out Ed's answer for more information.
This is proving to be so difficult for such a simple task. At my previous housE my statement was made up to the end of the month with my DD being taken on the 1st. When I moved to my current house on the 1st February you were going to take a payment on the 16th of the month so I cancelled the DD and made a bank transfer on the same day and contacted you to change my DD date to the end of the month which EVENTUALLY you did again it appeared to be so difficult ??. This is 2019 not 1920 you all have sophistictaed systems such a simple task should be SIMPLE for you to do.
I now want my statement date moved to the end of the month again such a simple task even if it means issuing 2 bills one on the 16th of the month then another one at the end of the month to coincide with my DD payment then do it ,it really cant be difficult. I have been loyal to Ovo for many years but this what appears to be a problem for you is making me think that I should change to another provider who can do what I want. Remember I AM THE CUSTOMER ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @ray51,

We absolutely can get this arranged for you. You just need to get in touch - unfortunately via the Forum we don't have access to your account details as this is a public space, and we want to keep those details protected. Please give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook with your account number, full name and DoB.

Thanks