Solved

Why hasn't my Direct Debit been taken?

• 21 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I set up a direct debit with OVO at the end of September, but the first payment has only just come out at the start of January, meaning that I have built up a lot of debit on my account. Why would this have happened?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 January 2018, 12:27

I set up a direct debit with OVO at the end of September, but the first payment has only just come out at the start of January, meaning that I have built up a lot of debit on my account. Why would this have happened?

That's very strange, @selinarc

Usually we'd take the Direct Debit out around the supply start date and every month from then onward.

I'd recommend sending us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number so we can look into why this happened - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy.

Thanks,
Emma
View original

5 replies

That's very strange, @selinarc

Usually we'd take the Direct Debit out around the supply start date and every month from then onward.

I'd recommend sending us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number so we can look into why this happened - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy.

Thanks,
Emma
took ovo with me from previous property mid Nov 2018. Waited until Jan as they had not sent a welcome pack out. Turns out there were problems with my meter(s) which they had failed to tell me about.
First meter readings given, Direct debit set up but payment not yet taken (supposed to be taken on 22nd Jan).

I fear that a) I won't be in credit as I'd prefer to be as soon as Feb's payment is taken and b) that if I call and query this I'll lose the £6 (?) bonus I should earn each quarter for not contacting ovo.

Ay suggestions? Been with ovo for years now and think they're great. However things are looking more an more "talktalk-esque" as time goes by... 🙄😣
Anyone??
Or do I have to contact ovo directly about this... 🙄
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I fear that a) I won't be in credit as I'd prefer to be as soon as Feb's payment is taken and b) that if I call and query this I'll lose the £6 (?) bonus I should earn each quarter for not contacting ovo.

What's the latest with this, @ChrisPeeAitch ?

If there's been a delay with your payment and you're worried about a debt building up, you're able to make a one off payment on MyOVO - might be worth considering.

I fear that a) I won't be in credit as I'd prefer to be as soon as Feb's payment is taken and b) that if I call and query this I'll lose the £6 (?) bonus I should earn each quarter for not contacting ovo.What's the latest with this, @ChrisPeeAitch ?

If there's been a delay with your payment and you're worried about a debt building up, you're able to make a one off payment on MyOVO - might be worth considering.

Hi, you're about 2 weeks too late.
Nobody got back to me so I raised a formal complaint. Received a call back a few days later at 3pm (I do work, y'know??) Followed by an email telling me that my account and direct debit were all ready and set up.
Pity my account page doesn't show this.

IOvo were my choice when I was sick of npower's excuses. Now ovo are just as bad, if not worse. 3 months after moving house: they haven't taken a single direct debit payment, my DD is still 'pending' and ovo are seemingly struggling to satisfy their existing customers due to the new customers they've been lumbered with recently..

After nearly 6 years with ovo? I want out!