Solved

Why has my Direct Debit been increased to £1000?

• 9 February 2019
  • 1 reply

My Direct debit is now £1000 PM and my Debt is still increasing!

Alf Robinson
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 14 February 2019, 12:14

Hi @Alfier,

Sounds like you've had a Direct Debit review. After you’ve submitted a few meter readings, we might see that our predictions don’t match up with your actual energy use. If this is the case, then we know your energy account will be in debt or credit at the end of your contract. To avoid this, we update your Direct Debit amount and let you know, ahead of time. We also give you opportunities to update your Direct Debit amount yourself. There's more information about this process here.

However, this does sound like quite a hefty increase! I think there may have been an error here, either with your billing on with the system we use to review Direct Debits. Please get in touch with the team as soon as you can on 0330 303 5063 so they can look into this. They'll be able to make sure your billing is correct and your payments are an appropriate reflection of your usage. If you have traditional meters (non-smart), make sure you have a meter reading ready too, as this will be handy for updating bills if necessary.

Thanks,
Nancy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Alfier,

Sounds like you've had a Direct Debit review. After you’ve submitted a few meter readings, we might see that our predictions don’t match up with your actual energy use. If this is the case, then we know your energy account will be in debt or credit at the end of your contract. To avoid this, we update your Direct Debit amount and let you know, ahead of time. We also give you opportunities to update your Direct Debit amount yourself. There's more information about this process here.

However, this does sound like quite a hefty increase! I think there may have been an error here, either with your billing on with the system we use to review Direct Debits. Please get in touch with the team as soon as you can on 0330 303 5063 so they can look into this. They'll be able to make sure your billing is correct and your payments are an appropriate reflection of your usage. If you have traditional meters (non-smart), make sure you have a meter reading ready too, as this will be handy for updating bills if necessary.

Thanks,
Nancy