Solved

Why has my application for a refund failed?

• 28 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Explanation from OVO website doesn't make sense.
"Sorry, we can't give you a refund.
Before we can issue refunds we need to have received readings from all your meters within the last 28 days – and you need to have received a statement since then"

Last electricity reading: 26 August
Last gas reading: 24 August
Last statement: 20 August

My account is in credit £195.60, I don't understand what's the issue here?
I have more than a direct debit amount, more than excess I guess. Can you please explain?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 28 August 2018, 15:46

Hello,

Sorry to hear about this. For an immediate answer, I would advice you call OVO customer support on 0330 303 5063

Kind regards
Matt
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello,

Sorry to hear about this. For an immediate answer, I would advice you call OVO customer support on 0330 303 5063

Kind regards
Matt
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @kasunu,

Matt's right - the quickest way to get this fixed is by giving the team a call. It looks like your readings were both submitted after your bill (on the 20th). This would likely mean the bill is estimated, hence why we can't offer a refund.

The team will be able to create new bills using the readings you've provided since 🙂
I have tried to apply for a refund as Ovo says I am over £300 in credit. I sent in the meter readings two days ago but it keeps saying the you need meter readings from within the last 28 days!!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @anita1 - I've moved your topic over here. Along the same lines as the query above - have you had a bill issues since the readings you input the other day? If not, this will need doing before we can offer a refund. If you get in touch with the team on Facebook or Twitter, they'll be able to create one for you manually.
Why am I still unable to decrease my direct debit or apply for a refund when I am already over £350 in credit. I keep being told to supply an up to date meter reading and wait for a statement which I have been doing for nearly 3 weeks now. I appreciate that you give 3% interest on credit balances but if I had wanted a savings account I would have gone to Santander and not contacted a utility company. I have tried phoning to complain but was merely told that they would freeze any direct debit increases for 3 months by which time I will be over £600 in credit! Only been with you for 3 months and not very happy about not being in control of MY money!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @kasunu,

Matt's right - the quickest way to get this fixed is by giving the team a call. It looks like your readings were both submitted after your bill (on the 20th). This would likely mean the bill is estimated, hence why we can't offer a refund.

The team will be able to create new bills using the readings you've provided since :)

Hi @Eugene

I've moved your post here. Check out the info I provided above ☝🏼this should help you :)

Nancy
You've had an up to date reading and yet you still have not issued a statement. Therefore I still can't apply for a refund or DD reduction. As it is you take payments in advance so you start off ahead anyway. It's my money and as long as my account is in credit I should be able to decide where I want to set my DD. If I see my account going towards debit I can always make a top up payment if necessary.
Unless I receive a refund and DD reduction I will be canceling my DD until the credit is at an acceptable level. Nobody knows better my usage than myself so I will not be dictated to regarding how much energy I might use! I might be going away for 3 months or installing an oil fired boiler next week, how do you know? All you can base your estimations on is previous usage!
If this matter is not sorted forthwith I will be contacting the energy ombudsman. You cannot just keep frightening people into increasing their DD by these ridiculous estimations. I don't want large amounts of MY money sitting in your account!
Userlevel 4
Our team will be able to get you a refund sorted, @Eugene.

MyOVO will allow a refund of any credit that’s over 1 month’s payment (or for Simpler Energy customers you can have a full refund), as long as you’ve had a recent bill to an actual reading. Your statement date is the same each month or each quarter, we don't produce a new statement automatically every-time we receive a reading, our team can generate one manually, but you'll need to contact them.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

I hope this helps!