Solved

Why has my application for a refund failed?

• 28 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Explanation from OVO website doesn't make sense.
"Sorry, we can't give you a refund.
Before we can issue refunds we need to have received readings from all your meters within the last 28 days – and you need to have received a statement since then"

Last electricity reading: 26 August
Last gas reading: 24 August
Last statement: 20 August

My account is in credit £195.60, I don't understand what's the issue here?
I have more than a direct debit amount, more than excess I guess. Can you please explain?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 28 August 2018, 15:46

Hello,

Sorry to hear about this. For an immediate answer, I would advice you call OVO customer support on 0330 303 5063

Kind regards
Matt
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello,

Sorry to hear about this. For an immediate answer, I would advice you call OVO customer support on 0330 303 5063

Kind regards
Matt
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @kasunu,

Matt's right - the quickest way to get this fixed is by giving the team a call. It looks like your readings were both submitted after your bill (on the 20th). This would likely mean the bill is estimated, hence why we can't offer a refund.

The team will be able to create new bills using the readings you've provided since 🙂
I have tried to apply for a refund as Ovo says I am over £300 in credit. I sent in the meter readings two days ago but it keeps saying the you need meter readings from within the last 28 days!!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @anita1 - I've moved your topic over here. Along the same lines as the query above - have you had a bill issues since the readings you input the other day? If not, this will need doing before we can offer a refund. If you get in touch with the team on Facebook or Twitter, they'll be able to create one for you manually.