Solved

Why has a Direct Debit been taken after leaving OVO?

• 21 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi I'm Kevin Paterson
I have left Ovo at the end of January and had my credit refunded which was super Great, But OVO have taken another £60 from my direct debit account in Feb which is now stitting in an account I no longer use, When trying to get refund from app it says problem Validating refund

any advice any help please would be great
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Slinky 22 February 2019, 02:18

Under the Direct Debit Guarantee you request this refund from your bank or building society. Tell the Bank or BS that you no longer have a contract with OVO and the sum taken was in error. Whilst you're at it make sure you cancel this direct debit or you could well be billed for March too!

No doubt this is a s a result of an OVO administration error in closing your account promptly.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Under the Direct Debit Guarantee you request this refund from your bank or building society. Tell the Bank or BS that you no longer have a contract with OVO and the sum taken was in error. Whilst you're at it make sure you cancel this direct debit or you could well be billed for March too!

No doubt this is a s a result of an OVO administration error in closing your account promptly.
ThanksSlinky will give that a try much appreciated
Kevin
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
You're welcome 😉

Here's the small print in case you need to clarify anything...

Hi

I recently opted to move from OVO to EDF energy. On the 14th of Feb I was asked by EDF Energy to submit meter readings to yourselves and them to close my account. This month I have been charged £88 by yourselves and £86 by EDF, I don't feel I should be paying for the same energy to two different companies. I closed down my direct debit to yourselves as I believed my account to be closed however now I'm unable to apply for a refund £96 I have with you.

How do I go about getting this refunded?

Thank you
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @amyzaff - I've moved your post over here. More info above ☝🏼