Solved

Why do OVO insist on a higher Direct Debit in the winter when we don't use more?

Why do OVO Customer Service personnel find it impossible to read customers emails, or, check a customers usage records? Unlike most OVO customers we use no gas between September and April, with our electricity usage being only for security systems therefore minimal. However, three OVO Customer Service agents have failed to either read my email messages or confirm the facts that over the past three winters we use little energy.

Three OVO Customer Service agents insist that because OVO customers use more energy during the winter months, then I should also do the same. They simply refuse to either read my email messages, or, check my previous winter usage history. Why should an long standing OVO customer continue to stay with a supplier who employs such irrational Customer Service agents?
icon

Best answer by Mattj3135 12 August 2017, 02:52

Hi @Ovosick welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Fristly on behalf of the OVO family may i offer my sincere aplogies for the issues you've experienced. It certainly isnt whats we likr to hear happening.

Without further details i would not like to speculate on the charges you're discussing. Given you've reached out to the customer care team to no avail my best advice on this would be to drop one of the lovely moderators @Tim_OVO @Emma_OVO @Lucy_OVO or @Max_OVO a private message including your full name, address, date of birth and OVO account number along with details of the issues, whoever you message will do their upmost to resolve this satisfactorly for you.

Please do let us know how you get on,
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Ovosick welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Fristly on behalf of the OVO family may i offer my sincere aplogies for the issues you've experienced. It certainly isnt whats we likr to hear happening.

Without further details i would not like to speculate on the charges you're discussing. Given you've reached out to the customer care team to no avail my best advice on this would be to drop one of the lovely moderators @Tim_OVO @Emma_OVO @Lucy_OVO or @Max_OVO a private message including your full name, address, date of birth and OVO account number along with details of the issues, whoever you message will do their upmost to resolve this satisfactorly for you.

Please do let us know how you get on,
.... an interesting missive in reply to my earlier observations; especially in view of the fact that some of "The lovely moderators" you wish to direct me towards are those very people who failed to read my observations in the first place.

In regard to your request "Please do let us know how you get on" .... quite simply Mattj3135, surely it is obvious that I didn't "Get on" very well hence my posting on this medium.

Please return to my post and try again Mattj3135 ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Ovosick

Firstly, thanks @Mattj3135 for trying to help out here. Much appreciated.

Not great reading to hear that your experience when contacting us hasn't been what you expected. Your situation is indeed different from most users, but not something that should get in the way of us resolving this. In regards to the outstanding issues, I'd like to try and get to the bottom of this asap so we can get it resolved.

If you haven't done already, can you please PM me directly with your full address, full name and your DOB so I can look into this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Ovosick im sure @Darran_OVOwill do his best to help redolve mstters for you.

Sorry i am not much help on this occasion
.... thank you for your apology Mattj3135, your inability to "Help on this occasion" is sadly par for the course it seems ....
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Not a problem - as fellow forum members we dont have any access to account information, if we did i would do my upmost to help you but as i cant ive left you in the capable hands of @Darran_OVO.

Id like to reassure you, you have experienced a one off situation as this is not how we like fellow members of the ovo family to be treated or left feeling in this way. Please bare with Darren whilst he works his magic for you.
.... oh dear me, have I mistaken Mattj3135 for a Matt customer care team member who failed to address my challenge? I apologise if that is the case ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
You certainly have @Ovosick, no problem, as I mentioned earlier Matt was simply trying to help a fellow forum user.

I have your details now, thanks for sending them over. I will be in touch with an update shortly.

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
No worries @Ovosick we understand and appreciate your frustration - its a simple mistake to make!

I Hope your day improves and things get resolved to your satisfaction.

Please do feel free to have a nose around and get involved in the other posts on here - even the non energy related stuff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Ovosick

I sent you a message yesterday afternoon, I have an update on your account but need you to confirm a couple more details before I can discuss it with you.

I look forward to receiving this.

Darran
Hello Darran,

In regard to your comment above, please be advised that I'm do not appear to have received your message of yesterday, sorry. Did you email it or have I missed it on this medium?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Ovosick if you click on your shillouette image at the top right of the screen a drop down appears with a private mesaage function. Click this and Darrans message whould be there. Any problems let us know and will guide you to it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Ovosick

@Mattj3135 is correct, you should see a "1" against your profile icon, top right of this page.

Let me know if you have any issues viewing this.

Darran
Sorry folks but this medium is not helping me at all, I will stick to direct email contact to make my complaint. Thanks anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Ovosick

I have an answer for you which will explain this situation in full, however I need to confirm those extra pieces of information so we can pass data protection (as we do anytime we need to discuss a customer account) and I can update you.

If you are able to just reply to my PM I will send you the information you need which will explain and hopefully resolve the issue for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Darran