Solved

Why did I have 2 direct debits taken in March?

• 31 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi, I'm new to looking after the energy bill and have just been browsing through the last couple of statements.
OVO took 2 payments in March - 1 on the 1st & another on the 6th.
Has this happened to anyone else & is there a reason that i just don't know about? :?
Thank you in advance 😃
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 1 June 2017, 15:06

Hi, I'm new to looking after the energy bill and have just been browsing through the last couple of statements.
Has this happened to anyone else & is there a reason that i just don't know about? :?
Thank you in advance :D

Hi @Ashleigh2528

We would only collect the one Direct Debit payment a month. Sometimes, this payment fails at the bank, so we request it again after 10 working days. That first payment will show on your statement as 'Direct Debit Rejected'.

If this doesn't sound like what's happened in your case, send me a PM with your account number, name and DoB. @Mattj3135 don't forget about me! :P

Just to add that I've edited the title and added some more tags to help other users find this topic.

Thanks,
Tim
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Ashleigh2528 I'm not sure why two payments where taken.

If you could please send @Emma_OVO a private message with your full name, address, OVO account number & date of birth - Emma will be able to look into this for you and advise accordingly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Ashleigh2528

We would only collect the one Direct Debit payment a month. Sometimes, this payment fails at the bank, so we request it again after 10 working days. That first payment will show on your statement as 'Direct Debit Rejected'.

If this doesn't sound like what's happened in your case, send me a PM with your account number, name and DoB. @Mattj3135 don't forget about me! :P

Just to add that I've edited the title and added some more tags to help other users find this topic.

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

There's a post or two waiting for you 🙂

Hi @Ashleigh2528

Thanks,
Tim
Why on the 8th did you debit my bank for£1000 but only took £500 from my account?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Alfier - not sure what you mean here? I've moved your post onto this thread about a similar issue - does this help?