Solved

Why can't I make a payment?

• 26 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I was an economy energy customer and ovo won't let me make a payment
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 7 March 2019, 12:19

Hi @Mark3107,

Did you have a Direct Debit set up with Economy Energy? If so, this should be transferred over to us, and all payments that have come out since they ceased trading will be added to your account with us.

You may not be able to make a payment via your online account just yet if it's still in the "onboarding" phase. This means we're still gathering information from the previous supplier and setting up your account. Normally this would take a maximum of 6 weeks, but it may take longer for customers that have come over from Economy.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
View original

2 replies

Has anyone else had this problem?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Mark3107,

Did you have a Direct Debit set up with Economy Energy? If so, this should be transferred over to us, and all payments that have come out since they ceased trading will be added to your account with us.

You may not be able to make a payment via your online account just yet if it's still in the "onboarding" phase. This means we're still gathering information from the previous supplier and setting up your account. Normally this would take a maximum of 6 weeks, but it may take longer for customers that have come over from Economy.

Hope this helps,
Nancy